Hesitation In Love

Hello guys! I am back with another chapter and I wouldn't hesitate to say that this is one of my favorites. It has everything we have been looking for and I am happy that I got to the point where I could write it. Hope you enjoy. :) 

The honest confession that Jay had offered Hailey was both overwhelming and sweet. Hailey had been shocked to hear him express his true feelings but a part of her was delighted that he had done it. It made her feel so special and so wanted. But, she couldn't bring herself to open up anymore to Jay. She had already shared more than she had with anymore before, and she didn't feel comfortable in losing all control. She was glad that Jay had not tried to make her speak or confess to anything. All she wished for now was this trip to end so that she would be away from Jay and process her thoughts.

They spent the remaining two days as though nothing had happened between them. But the fact remained that that attitude had made it more awkward for them, at least for Hailey. Jay was trying his best to act normal and surprisingly he was succeeding because his happiness was in only looking at Hailey and he could do that all day long. He was revelling just being present with her. Finally they had to leave and Hailey was relieved that the moment had arrived.

It was past six in the evening when Jay dropped Hailey off at her place. He had offered to stay but she had politely refused thinking she wouldn't manage another night with him around. She really needed her own time to figure out what she was going to do about this situation that was until a few days back absolutely unprecedented. She spent most of the night trying to find a solution, but her hidden motive was fear to sleep. She wasn't sure if the nightmares had stopped for good, they could resurface at any point and she would have to deal with them on her own now. Nonetheless, she survived the night and she was thankful for that fact. She felt ready to join her team now and her team welcomed her with open arms the following morning. She received a hearty hug from Atwater and Ruzek and Kim simply hugged her as though they were sisters and couldn't live apart. Voight himself decided to give Hailey an encouraging hug and that being done the team was set for work. Suddenly Rojas appeared from the kitchen and Hailey was surprised to see her. She had gone for an undercover stint since the last week and nobody had heard from her, until apparently now. She had obviously heard what had happened with Hailey and hugged Hailey assuring her. As they parted both friends exchanged a look that suggested they would talk about this later. It seemed Adam was in the mood to make everyone laugh, "Hey Hailey, why don't you give Halstead a hug? Poor fellow's left out."

At that Hailey's eyes widened but she controlled herself quickly and took the comment sportingly. She was smiling as the others were, but Adam seemed to be pretty serious about the matter. Jay was as uncomfortable as her. She knew there was no backing out of this so she approached the man that claimed to love her and gave him the most awkward hug in the history of this planet. Jay made sure he didn't touch her more than required. They parted eyes locking for a moment, in which many things were conveyed but a third person wouldn't be able to read a single thing in them. As the welcoming of Hailey came to an end Voight began with the new case. He assigned all of them their work and was off to his office. Kevin and Vanessa were headed to collect surveillance footage from the crime scene. Adam and Kim were off to interview a suspect who had been brought in and Hailey and Jay were assigned to pick up another possible suspect. As they moved towards their truck Hailey had to say, "I am sorry about earlier. I didn't think Adam would persist."

Jay turned towards her and brushed it off, "Don't worry about it."

The irony remained that Adam was probably the one who would bring them closer, thought Jay as he entered the truck. He had to smile at that thought. He had been there for Hailey when she was battling her feelings for him. And now it almost seemed that he wanted them to be together. Life was strange if one observed carefully.