Joy And Sorrow

Hello guys, I am back with yet another chapter. Very sorry for the long break. Work! This one is a light one but the happy moments are ending soon or at least taking a break for a while. You'll see what happens. I hope you enjoy. :)

So the morning had been spent in extra activities and neither of them were complaining. It had been a while since they had shared such good moments. They were happy because the other was happy and that made it even more special and precious. Hailey still wasn't allowed to join back duty, but she was glad about that as long as Jay was here. But naturally he wouldn't be staying here indefinitely, and that pained her heart. They had no doubt decided to take this path, more so because that was the only way to save their jobs, but the more they were experiencing this new change, Hailey's heart was crying out to her that she would really have a hard time staying without Jay. Jay was in the same boat as well.

Jay was seated at the counter when Hailey came out, hair wrapped in a towel and bathrobe around her body. After they had finished their extra activity, Jay had stepped out giving her the space and time to clean up and get freshened up. He stared at her without any thought and it forced Hailey to ask him, "What?"

"You look wonderful with and without clothes and I don't know what to do," he replied still staring at her.

Hailey half smiled and half blushed. Jay was really spoiling her by pampering her like this. She went to him and placed a quick kiss on his lips and sat facing him. She began, "So, what's the plan for today?"

Jay replied, "First, I am going to take you to the hospital for a check-up and then"—

"Honestly, I am fine Jay. I don't need to go to the doctor," she replied, already bored by the idea.

"Hailey, I am not asking you. You are going to the doctor. And moreover, listen to the entire plan."

She rolled her eyes and waited for him to finish what he had to say. Jay continued, "I was wondering if my new girlfriend would like to go on a date with me this evening?"

At that Hailey's eyes locked with his and she looked into them for a moment to make sure he was actually asking her out. She smiled briefly and said, "I think your girlfriend would like that."

"Alright then, the boyfriend is delighted to hear that he has her heart," Jay said, smiling as well.

Hailey looked at him for a long moment and said, "Jay, you always have my heart."

He returned her smile and they started their breakfast.

The whole day went by casually, there was nothing much to do. Hailey was still dreading the visit to the hospital and by now she knew better than to oppose it. Jay was not going to listen to her one word regarding this matter. She had observed lately that whenever it was about her health, Jay had another level of seriousness in it and never appreciated jokes about it. So that's what they did, they went to the doctor first and she was seeing a side of Jay that she had never seen. He was so concerned and so keen to know everything. And she couldn't help but appreciate all that he was doing and how much he actually cared about her. The doctor gave them good news and announced that Hailey could get back to work soon. To that Jay had a million questions and he wasn't quite convinced whether she was really fit for work. The doctor assured him there was no risk, secretly admiring the love Jay had for Hailey.

Finally they got around to the part for which they were both excited and thrilled. Jay had booked a nice restaurant and he led her in, noticing her every reaction and just smiling by seeing her smile. He asked finally, "So what do you think?"

"It's lovely Jay. You couldn't have chosen a better place," she replied still looking around.

They sat at a far table where there wasn't much noise or many people. The waiter arrived with the water and the menu. They went through it and ordered some food. Hailey was still looking around, quite in awe of the place. But Jay was merely looking in front, staring at her blatantly. She caught his eye and looked at him awkwardly for a moment, trying to understand what he was doing. Was he playing some sort of game with her? He still didn't alter his gaze and Hailey was forced to say, "You can't look at me like this here."