Naked Honesty

Hey guys, a new chapter is here. Enjoy and let me know what you think. :)

So everything was not perfect. There were problems. There were issues and differences. But there was love, love that conquered all other things and made Jay and Hailey reconsider their entire relationship and make it work moreover. It was evident there was a clear distance between them these days, they were polite, appropriate but reserved to some extent. They lived together, they shared the same room but neither of them ever made a move that would suggest they wanted more. Deep down they did want more, they wanted to become one, but not yet, just not yet. Their little unintentional touches reminded them of what they used to be like. Their half smiles reminded them the happiness they felt when they were with the other. Their concrete eye contact proved to them that they still had it and they would be able to get past this as well, just like everything else they had surmounted in the past.

Their relationship was very simple now, there was no excitement, no drama and nothing at all really. But all this was going to change soon and Jay and Hailey didn't have an idea. Jay was advised to rest so he hadn't gone to work for some time and finally the new week had arrived and Voight announced their vacation plan. They had to give it to him, he had really chosen a lovely location and organised everything so well. It was a sort of resort, slightly far from the city and more close to the woods and nature. They drove off and arrived an hour later and were all pleased. The day was not sunny but it wasn't dull either, still clouds hung in the sky. The Intelligence team checked in, who would have thought a group of professional detectives and officers would check into a hotel like this, all of them dressed in such casual and carefree clothes. Even Voight seemed to have softened by this entire trip. How they wanted to check in, Voight had left it to them. He had chosen a room for himself and one for Trudy and left. His team could split the remaining three rooms the way they wanted to. The irony remained that both Jay and Hailey still thought the team didn't know about them. Considering that they suggested they could split rooms and crash with someone else. The other four looked at each other surprised and puzzled, now wondering if everything was alright between the partners, who were more than that as well. But whatever it was, the rest of them also had plans to stay with their better halves, at least in the case of Ruzek and Burgess. It was too soon to say anything for Vanessa and Kevin, but this was the opportunity to try and see if there was a spark between them. So that was decided and Hailey and Jay were stuck with each other yet again.

The room was spacious and the bed in the centre was large and appeared comfortable. There was another small bed on the side, next to the window that overlooked the resort. The room looked classy and one felt as though one was a highly rated hotel room. Hailey and Jay placed their luggage in one corner and decided to relax for a while. The drive had been tiring surprisingly. They collapsed on the bed and woke up two hours later. The team had lunch together in the fancy restaurant of the resort, the time passing in healthy and funny banter. Slowly everyone seemed to realise how much they needed this trip, all of them needed a break. After lunch everyone headed back to their rooms once again, clearly intending to nap, the food making them sleepy.

"What? Are we going to sleep again?" Hailey asked smiling, as she entered her room.

Jay who followed her in replied with a smile, "I guess."

Hailey shook her head, amused by this entire scenario. It felt like they had taken a vacation only to sleep. They changed into more comfortable clothes and headed for the bed. Hailey caught Jay staring at her legs, she was wearing shorts and a tank top. She liked it but at the same time felt slightly uncomfortable. Jay himself was bare body and she hoped to God that he was wearing something under his waist, she couldn't see because he was already on the bed, sheets pulled over him. There were all chances that this was going to lead them to something they had been avoiding but knew was something they dearly missed. She settled on her side and pulled the sheets over her as well. Her foot touched bare skin and she knew Jay was either wearing his boxers or worse, nothing. She looked at him, he was staring at the ceiling.