Chapter 9: First Date

*I realized I use the word "just" alot so my apologies, didn't realize it until I saw it alot lmao*

(Tracey's Pov)

When we had gotten to the next island, it looked pretty deserted. We had found a village but we didn't see any people so we were confused on why this island was deserted. But apparently a few moments later, this man had sailed to shore and greeted us. His name was Danny and he was helping Ash get his next badge.

However, he began to flirt with Misty and Ariel...for some reason when he started acting that way towards Ariel, I just got so mad and jealous...I wasn't sure why because we weren't dating and she wasn't mine so why was I so jealous about some dude hitting on a girl I basically liked but who wasn't mine?

Ariel looked to be very uncomfortable with it though because she was basically hiding behind me...that and the fact that she didn't trust strangers and random people we would encounter on our journey...but I was going to do everything in my power to make her feel safe and protected.

Danny knew the way to the Gym so he was kind enough to lead us there. When we got there, we walked in to see a cabin and attached and a path up the giant mountain. I walked over to the sign to see that the challengers were tested to walk up the mountain without any pokemon's help or else they'd be disqualified. The supporters, however, were able to take the cable car up to the top and wait which was good.

I said Good Luck to Ash as him and Danny started to climb which I knew from the get-go that he was the Gym Leader because what other trainer would know exactly where the gym was located? Exactly. When me, Misty and Ariel headed to the Cable car, Ariel suddenly held onto my arm tightly and whimpered.

I was confused on what happened but apparently she was afraid of heights which I swear flipped the protective switch on immediately as I held her closer to me and asked her to look at me...Her eyes were just so beautiful; it was so easy to get lost in them...her lips so soft and pink you have no idea how much I wanted to kiss her...it was unreal on how I felt about her...unreal.

Once I had reassured her and we got to the top, it started to snow. We headed to the cabin where there were blankets but not really enough for everyone. It was cold when we got outside as I saw Ariel shiver. For some bold reason, I let her share my blanket with me...Her body was pressed up against mine and I swore my heart and stomach fluttered and I could feel her heartbeat fast against me...this girl was driving me crazy you had no idea.

When Danny and Ash finally made it up, it was finally time to start the challenge seeing as Danny told Ash he was the Gym Leader which as clueless as Ash was got shocked by the information. The 3 challenges were to freeze the geyser water, sculpt it into a sled and ride it down the mountain and to the finish line.

It was a very intense challenge seeing as Danny won the first one but just from sheer lucky Ash had won the last 2. Ariel was cute when she got confused on why Ash chose Charizard and why his Charizard always hit him with flamethrower. I mean she wasn't with us when all that crap went down so she was cute when she asked questions.