Chapter 15: Healing Takes Time

(Tracey's Pov)

When we got to the unnamed Island, we wandered around the abandoned, quiet island before finding the pokemon center which thankfully we were glad the electricity and everything still worked. We healed our pokemon then headed to the guest rooms in the back to get settled in. Ariel had sat on the bed alongside her pokemon who didn't want to leave her side.

I asked how she was doing but she could only shrug. My heart broke at the sight of seeing Ariel so depressed and so defeated because of her sisters...the second they came back, all her happiness and joy about life and everything completely left her and was replaced with everything she had felt before.

I kept reassuring her that she would be okay but she didn't know how to be knowing her sisters were out to get her and her pokemon. Once I comforted her, it was a beautiful day as we headed outside to relax and have fun. We met up with the others and headed outside to a big field where we let out all of our pokemon to have fun.

I looked over at Ariel who told her pokemon to go place but they were a bit hesitant to leave her side. She reassured them that she'd be okay, which made them nod and went to play aside her Suicune. She talked to her Suicune about something emotional because she would hug and cry to her pokemon once more. I frowned and sighed as she sat on the floor with Suicune by her side making sure she was safe and sound.

I left her alone for a while until it started to get late and we were all getting hungry. I walked up to Ariel and sat down across from her on the ground. I gently grabbed her hands and rubbed the back of them and asked how she was doing. She could only shrug once more and not say a word...

I frowned a bit and caressed her cheek before her and Suicune got up so we could head back to the pokemon center for dinner and a night of relaxation. Ariel remained quiet while holding onto my arm and playing with my fingers. When we got back to the pokemon center, we headed to the kitchen and started dinner. Ariel got the pokemon food, while me and Misty cooked dinner and Ash set the table.

I looked over at Ariel who looked so depressed and so exhausted. I frowned and brewed up some coffee before pouring her a cup and handing it to her. I looked to see her looking at her pokemon and smiling softly to see they were all eating normally which was a good sign. I sighed a bit "you're really worried about her huh Tracey" Ash stated,

I nodded "Of course I am. The very people who abused and traumatized her and her pokemon are back to come take them home...why wouldn't I be? Ariel was just starting to feel happy again and feel free from all that pain and trauma and the second they came back, she's now feeling everything she felt when we first saw her...She's so tired and so defeated...I just wish there was more I could do to help her" I said sadly,

The others nodded "And you are Tracey. I know you think it's not a lot but you just being there for her and to love and calm her down is helpful enough and I'm sure she thanks you for it. I mean I thank you for it as well. We're all doing what we can and the most we can do is just be by her side and reassure her that things will be okay" Misty said,