Chapter 18: I Love You

(Tracey's Pov)

It's been a rough and overwhelming week for Ariel. Not only have we been training hard for Ariel to battle, which she was becoming much better and stronger at doing. But lately now she wants to do more intensive training which involves our pokemon using their attacks close to her. I was a bit hesitant to allow that considering how fragile she still is but I know how hard and determined she was at becoming stronger and getting better.

She was quite hesitant about it too but she wanted to at least try and build up the tolerance for it. So I told her we could but the moment she starts to cry and panic is when we stop. We started with my pokemon since I only had 3 compared to the others. I told my pokemon the plans which they were confused by but they trusted me and they trusted Ariel so they went along with it.

Ariel wasn't so sure about doing this but I knew she wasn't going to give up without trying it first. Once Ariel was ready, Marill went up first and used her watergun next to Ariel who gasped and backed up a bit shielding herself from it. She breathed a little heavily and tensed up which made me reassure her in what she said.

She nodded and clenched her fists before holding her ground once more as my pokemon unleashed their attacks either near her or next to her. Ariel seemed to be getting overwhelmed by it all as I could see her bottom lip quiver. I called it off and walked up to her before pulling her into a hug. I told her we should take a break but she was so determined to keep going despite the fears and anxieties she was feeling...she wanted to so badly be stronger and be better that she got so angry with herself for not being so.

I hugged her tightly despite her trying so hard to push me away before reassuring her that she has to be patient with becoming stronger and better and that it all takes time. I told her that hurting herself and traumatizing herself wasn't going to make it go by faster or make her or any of us feel any better. She muttered an I'm sorry which she didn't need to as she began to calm down some.

I wiped away the remaining of her tears before suggesting she take a relaxing bath while we get lunch set up. Her and her pokemon went to go do that which made me sigh as me and the others made lunch and set the table "Man she must be really determined huh?" Ash said, "After years and years of what she's been through I would be too" I said, "I feel so bad that I left her there. I didn't know our sisters were doing that to her and for so long...If I would've known, I wouldn't have left her" Misty said guiltily.

I sighed "it's not your fault Misty. You didn't know but I mean she's here now and alive. She's a lot healthier now as is her pokemon...she's doing her best to be okay so don't blame yourself. I know Ariel doesn't blame you for what happened" I said, she sighed a bit and nodded as after a while, Ariel and her pokemon came back and sat next to us for lunch.

I knew her nerves would be a little jumbled but I told her to try and eat something then we could spend the rest of the day relaxing which is exactly what she did and all pretty much relaxed in the sun where I actually sketched some more of Ariel and her pokemon smiling together and relaxing in the grass...How did I get so lucky?