Chapter 12: Nightmares and PTSD

(Tracey's Pov)

Once we had gotten to Murcott Island, I was pretty excited to explore the island and try to find me a new bug type pokemon. I was also happy to see that Ariel was feeling better both psychically and mentally. Ever since everything that's happened, I was glad she was not only here with us but here with me and most of all happy. Seeing her and her pokemon happy made me happy and I was glad I'm able to make her happy because she deserves it...she deserves the whole world. You have no idea how this girl makes me feel...I was happy she was mine.

As we explored some of Murcott island, it was pretty funny to see that Misty was afraid of Bug type pokemon. We all walked through the small forest before a hurt and injured Scyther popped out from some bushes. We quickly tried to help the Scyther who denied our help which made me use Venonat to use sleep powder on it so it could sleep while I capture it.

We quickly ran out of the forest and to the pokemon center giving it to Nurse Joy who would do everything she can to help it. While we waited, it was a little after lunchtime so we all headed out to get some lunch. I was a little worried though which Ariel could tell as she held onto my hand and reassured me everything was going to be okay. I kissed her head as we ordered some food and tried to relax.

After lunch, we needed to get set up for the night depending on how long we were going to stay on this island so we headed back to the pokemon center and asked Joy for some rooms which of course Misty asked if there was a room with a single bed for me and Ariel because well...that's Misty for ya.

Once we got settled in and set our bags down, Joy led us to where Scyther was currently being treated. She told us it was stable and would be healed within a few days. However, now he looked mad at us for trying to help it which made us confused but apparently it was mad because it used to be a leader for other Scyther until this new and stronger Scyther came by and took it's leadership so now it's bummed out due to it losing.

Joy apparently has seen this many times before and that this Scyther was a natural leader to the others but I guess this new, younger and stronger Scyther came along and took over and hurt Scyther to become new leader. We felt bad for the poor thing and wanted to figure out how to help it so Ash called Oak and told us we could try and help it win back its title but Scyther were a bunch of Stubborn pokemon so who knows if it would allow us to help it.

After all of that, we decided to relax for a little bit. We all headed to our rooms which made me remember that me and Ariel would be sharing a bed for the first time. I felt quite nervous, I'm sure she did too but we were a couple so I'd assume that was now a normal thing.

Ariel had crashed onto the bed already feeling tired but I guess since she's never traveled much, that's to be expected. I lied next to her which made her eyes widen and face flush a bit...I couldn't lie and feel my face do that same. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me which made her lie her head on my chest. She took a deep breath and told me she could get used to this as we cuddled in bed which made me chuckle and lie my head on hers because well...I could too.