Chapter 19

~Mariah

I didn't know what to think. This is the craziest day of my life. Why would someone do this? Why? We are all good  people. Why did this happen to us?

A lot of questions were running through my mind. Was he okay? Was he alive? Who did this?

Even though we had our difficulties in the past, I love him like a brother. With my sister missing and my brother in law being shot, I just don't know what to think.

I looked down at my watch and realized I needed to go pick up my nephews, Dawayne and Isaiah.

I stood up and walked over to Destiny who was rocking Faith's car seat back and forth.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She said.

"Well. I'm about to go pick up the kids. I'll be back. " I said wiping away the tear on her cheek.

"Alright. Be Safe." She said as I nodded my head and left to the car.

___________

"How was school?" I asked pulling off from the kids' school.

"It was okay. My teacher awarded me hall monitor." Isaiah said smiling.

"That's good. How about you DJ?" I asked turning in my seat and  looking at him as we stopped at a red light. He looked so sad.

"Okay. Where is Mommy?" I knew this was coming. I had to think of something quick.

"She went  to the store. She'll be back." I said focusing on the road.

"Oh. Where's Daddy?" He shot back.

I sighed. "He went with your mom."

"Can we get some Wendy's?" Isaiah asked rubbing his belly slumping over in his seat.

I giggled. "Stop being dramatic." I said as I made my way to get them something to eat.

______________________________________

~Chris

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. This shit had me asking hell of questions.

I heard someone sob. I looked over my right shoulder to see Nicki and Maria back to back ,tied up.

"What the fuck is this?" I sighed to them.

"I don't fucking know. She's coming for all of us." Nicki said while Maria cried.

"Why.... Why?" I asked shaking my head.

"CLor's daughter, that's who. She claims we all had something to do with his death. I don't know shit. What about you?" She said.

My jaw dropped. Shit.

*FlashBack*

"Where the fuck is the money?" I heard Wayne yell.

Me and Blade slowly walked in.

"What the fuck Wayne? You were supposed to threaten the nigga,not rob him!" I yelled at him.

"Look at where we at. We can take his drugs and the money. Think Nigga." Wayne said pointing his Mac-11 sub machine at CLor's head.

"You think nigga. You kill him, we done.  I can't go out like that. I'm telling you man. We can't go------"

My words were stopped by the sound of a gun going off. I looked in front of Wayne to see a dead CLor with a bullet to the head.

The room was filled with silence. I looked at Blade while Blade looked at Wayne.