Chapter 17 (Part Two)

I'm sorry I took long to update but , I had to worry about was important,school. So here y'all are, and please let me know what y'all think. Next up Chapter 17(part 3)!😘

~Nicki

Today was the day I would meet my biological mother. I already knew it was going to be bittersweet and emotional. But I was prepared.

I got to the address given and stepped out of my car. My mother lives in Orlando,Florida . It was a good drive from Atlanta but it's kinda worth it.

I can see she lives well because of the houses in this neighborhood. I don't know for sure but I can only imagine.

Many thoughts were going through my head. What if she doesn't like me?

It took me about 5 minutes to knock on the door. I was so nervous, words couldn't explain the many emotions that took over.

As I was about to knock on the door again, someone opened it.

There stood the exact same woman in the picture in my email. I stood in shock as I imaged her and she did the same with me.

She stepped aside letting me into he home.

She led me to the front room which was beautiful. I sat on the chair across from her. We just looked at each other. She looked to be in her early 40's but she looked like an older version of me. She sat there with a pink and white sundress with some sandals. She looked causal but expensive at the same time. She suddenly broke the silence.

"Nicole Jasmine Moore. I ..I just don't know what to say. I'm glad you came." she said looking into my eyes.

I held back the tears. " I have one question. Why? Why did you give me up? " I asked her as I felt my vision starting to get blurry.

She rubbed both of her hands together before looking at me again. " I was young. I was in school and I knew if I kept you, not just me but your future would've been ruined. I couldn't provide you with what you needed--"

"What I really needed was family. I grew up thinking I was worthless, thinking that my parents hated me so much they gave me up. So, this stuff you saying right now, is bullshit!". I said grabbing my stuff and heading to the door before she stopped me.

"I'm sorry Nicole.-- Wait, first of all, as a mother would do I did what was best for you. You are my daughter, nothing will change that. I know I failed you as being there, but look at you . You're beautiful , intelligent, strong-willed. You're my baby.". She said as she cried. I couldn't help but do the same. She walked over to me and pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

This is what I've been waiting on for 20 years.

------------------

-Ria

Life has been okay, I guess. I graduated high school. Didn't make it to college. It was too much we had to handle in the streets. So, I did what was best, get money the easy way.

I am still with Wayne. After everything I still love him. Even though he treated me wrong, cheated on me, called me out of my name, I still love him. We aren't married, I don't think we ever will.

I got pregnant with my 1st born after highschool. I had to stay low, I didn't want to put my son in more danger.

"Mommy, look what I made in art.". Dwayne exclaimed while he waved the picture of what I think was a beach.

"Awww. It's so pretty. Look at the birds. This is the best picture ever." I said admiring the drawing. He smiled.

"Where's daddy? I drew him one too". He said putting his book bag down on the couch.