Chapter 8

'Next To Me, You'll Find It Next To Me'

-Emile Sade

~Destiny~

"Can I get me a number 2. What you want?" Chris asked as he pulled up to the McDonald's down from the hospital.

"Get me a kids meal with no onions." I said smiling at how cute he looked in his gym suit. We just came back from playing basketball.

"Stop staring. I know I'm sexy." He said driving up to the window paying the food and getting the food at the other.

"Shut up lil boy. Thanks for my kids meal.". I said. He won the basketball game so I had to get a happy meal. Fuck him.

He laughed. "That's what yo' ass get." He said laughing still.

"Fuck you." I said leaving out of the McDonald's parking lot.

"Damn. That hurt a nigga." he said holding his hand to his chest. I laughed at him as my phone rang. I saw it was Mariah.

"Hey girl. Wassup?". I said while picking up a fry and placing it my mouth.

"Deja. She--- tried to commit suicide.". She said through the phone. It's like I blocked everything and everyone out.

"What hospital you at?" I said fighting the tears.

"Prather Drive.". She said hanging up.

"Drive to Prather Dr. Hospital." I said feeling my throat get dry.

--------------------------

"I found her in the bathroom at her house after she called me. I saw pills and pills on the ground.". Mariah said as Prince massaged my shoulders gently.

I just can't believe this. What made her do this to herself. What the hell is going on?

We waited for the doctor to get back with the news. As soon as I thought that he came.

"How is she. Is she okay?" I asked with Mariah,Ria,Nicki and Prince by my side.

"Deja took so many pills that her vain stopped pumping blood. Her pulse isn't right. Unfortunately, she's in a comma.". He said looking at his clipboard then back at us.

No, this can't fucking be. It just can't be. Fuck no.

I felt like everything stopped. Deja is my only closest person I can call a sister. God please. Let my friend make it. Please.

---------------------------

~ 2 Months Later~

These two months has been okay I guess. Finding out Deja committed suicide is still a shocker. She woke out of the coma last month.

She even told me why she tried to kill her self. She found out she's gonna be fighting HIV for the next years of her life.

Although, she was raped then pronounced living with STD's breaks my heart. I wish I could help her but it won't help. She's been distant for some reason.

I've disagreed to working with the girls. It's just too much. Mariah agreed with me but Ria and Nicki went ahead and joined anyway.

I was trying to finish up school. I've always had straight A's but I've been focused on other things other than my school work.

My mom doesn't give no fucks what I do and who I do it with. That day Chris picked me up, me and her go into it.

{Flashback}

I was laying down in my bed until someone knocked on my door.

I got up and answered. It as my mom's stupid ass boyfriend, Lance. He was standing there eyeing me down licking his lips. Dudes fucking pervert. Ughhhh.

"Yes?". I asked looking at him crazy.

"Your mom will be home in a while. You gon cook cause she working late." He said. This nigga expects me to cook. FOR HIM?? FUCK NO!

"Umm. You grown, you can cook yourself.". I tried to close my door but he put his foot in between the crack of the door.

He pushed the door open and managed his way through my room. He pushed me on his bed and kissed my neck. I started kicking,screaming, biting, and scratching. This nigga had me pinned down so I couldn't move. He tried pulling down my night shorts.

I herd a big boom as he fell off of me. My eyes were covered in tears when I seen my mother. Hopefully, my mom would believe me.

"I come her to see you in my house. Tryna' fuck my daughter. The fuck you thin this is." My mom said slapping him so hard he flew to the other side of the room.

"And you, My own seed. I trusted you and you as the little slut you are is gonna fuck my man. When I find a man you seem to try and pull them away. Get the fuck out my damn house you stupid hoe!!" My mom said punching me in the eye. I felt blood drip down to my hands as I tried to get up but she swung on me again. We wrestled and obviously I ended up loosing.

I packed my clothes as my mom stormed out the room. Lance left after her as Ashe told him to leave too. I threw on my sweatsuit and packed all my clothes and hoes and my other belongings including my electronics. I won't be coming back any time soon. I know this.

I put on my sunglasses a I saw myself in the mirror. My left eye was puffy and black. I cried as I put my hair in my SnapBack.

I grabbed my duffel bag and left my room. My mom must've left cause I didn't see her car as I left the house and headed to the bus stop.

{PRESENT}

I've been staying with Chris until I can get on my feet.

My mother was cruel to me as a child and still is. When my father left or the Military I was left with her. I don know why but my mom is bitter to everyone including herself.

I hope that we can work it out but she never cared and never will.

Time For a New Start??