Chapter 17

Six
Years
Later

~Mariah

"Ms. Smith. Shouldn't we just keep the input as it is?" Jessica asked.

"No. Look guys. To be exact, what child would kill their own parents? This is a unique story. There has been stories like this before. These children are 15,and twins. I want everyone to give me their outlook on this article. Whoever has the best, gets to publish it. Dismissed." Ms. Smith replied, as everyone started leaving.

"Do you have an extra pen? I left my other ones at my desk.". My co-worker, Lin asked. I nodded and gave him a pen as he started jotting down something and leaving.

I grabbed my notebook and made my way out of the door as someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw it was my other co-worker, Ashley.

"Nice argument. You should get to publish this article.". She said smiling and giving me a high five.

I chuckled." Thank you. I try my best. Your not too bad yourself. " I said walking out with her by my side.

"So, are you attend the award ceremony tomorrow night?". She asked as we made it to my desk.

"I'll try to make it." I said as she told me bye and left.

I grabbed my pea coat and grabbed everything I needed and left out the building.

I walked to my Porsche and hopped in and made my way home.

When I got home , I saw Mason's car in the driveway. I walked into my home and saw that the living room had candles all around and it wasn't that dark. I put my things on the couch and hung my coat on the coat hanger and started walking when I seen rode pedals on the hallway floor.

I heard soft jazz music coming from upstairs. I followed the music and it led me to the roof top. There I saw my loving boyfriend of 3 years smiling at me.

____________

~Destiny

"What are we? What does our relationship means to you?" I asked him.

"I tell you this almost everyday. One day you will be my wife and I'll be your husband. " He said looking in my eyes. I could tell he was meaning what he said.

I kissed him on his lips. This man is my everything other than my life.

"I love you.". He said.

"I love you too.". I said.

He held me right not too tight and then we both fell asleep.

*

"Ahhhhhh. Ughhhhh.". I cried out as my stomach did turns. I was worried not just for my sake but for the baby's.

"Destiny. What's wrong? Oh my god! There's blood.". He said gently picking me up and carrying me into the room putting on my coat and slippers and taking me to the car.

As we drove to the hospital, the pain hit harder. I felt like I was near death.

We rushed into the emergency room. I screamed, cried until I saw the doctors with the wheelchair.

"Pushhhh!!". The doctor yelled as I did the same while pushing.

"5,4,3,2. I see the head. You're doing fine. Now pushhh!". He yelled again as I did the same feeling the baby release.

"I'm sorry mam'. You lost her.". The doctor said as he threw my baby away.

"Nooooo. Nooooo. God, Noooo!!!!!!". I yelled crying harder and harder.

..........................

"Baby. Are you okay?" Chris asked.

I was dreaming but still worried. I started crying. " I had a dream--- that we lost the baby.". I continued to cry in his arms.

"It was just a dream. The baby is going to be fine. We're going to be fine. It's okay ". He said rocking like a child. I eventually stopped crying and we both fell asleep as he held me close.

"I love you,Pray that you're fine.". I whispered to my baby rubbing my 9th month belly. I don't know what I'll do If I lost my baby. I'll die inside.

________

~Update This weekend. I just want to know what y'all think so far then this chapter will have a part2.

Comment your thoughts.

**^Sorry for the wait. I was sick, but now I'm fine. Don't forget to Vote/Comment.**^

-Mariah new life?

-What happened to Marcus?(remember him)

-Destiny and Chris, together again?

-Destiny's pregnancy?

What y'all thought?