King for a day

Y/n's POV

"Ok James you can be king for a day" those were the words I never thought I'd hear. "But y/n is supposed to be queen! Why does James get to be king today", I smiled at my father signaling for him to continue. "Because when James does become king of a kingdom he needs practice", James has a crush on princess Clio so if...no when they get married he'll be the king of her kingdom. "Well I think it's a great idea dad" Sofia smiled, I agreed but of course Amber was not on board.

"Mommy,Daddy can I come with you, I promise I'll be good", they said of course and got the carriage ready. On the way dad was telling James about what it takes to be king. I took notes mentally since I'm the one who's gonna be queen. I never thought about who's gonna be my king, "you summoned me your majesty" Cedric's voice came from behind.

Wormy flew around us and sat on my shoulder while nuzzling my check a little. This wasn't entirely normal for him but nonetheless I stroked his head. "Ah Cedric, James is gonna be king for a day", Cedric's face dropped "you're putting a boy in charge of the entire kingdom". "Yes and I want you to help him out", I tried my best not to laugh. You could almost see Cedrics brain being set on fire, "I have to take orders from Prince James?".

Dad nodded and smiled "yes, whatever James says goes". With this Cedric turned around and cried a little in his hands. I patted his head "it's alright, it's only for a day". "Sofia I want you to be my Royal adviser and y/n you can be my knight", I curtsied "it would be an honor pri-King James". Baileywick gave the crown to dad who then placed it on James. "I now pronounce you king for a day", Cedric scoffed quietly.

Amber started to say how she would make sure mom and dad made it back to see his disaster of a ruler he was. "Don't listen to her James, you're gonna make a great king, just as Clio will make a great queen" I said in the last part quietly.

He blushed and laughed a little. "Thanks y/n", dad,mom and Amber all boarded the carriage and took off.
Baileywick led James into the throne room, he sat on dad's throne while I walked up to my room to change into something more knightly.

 There we are, I grabbed my sword that dad gave me for my birthday

There we are, I grabbed my sword that dad gave me for my birthday. I walked down to the throne room and stood guard next to James. Baileywick read James his tasks, apparently the help wasn't getting around fast enough to get tasks done. Can't blame them, this is a huge castle.

Baileywick gave James a huge stack of papers, he had to read through them and approve them if they were good. Then he has to pick between two crests and a bunch of other things. Suddenly Sofia's village friends walked in, "woah you look so cool in your outfit y/n" ruby complimented me. I smiled and bowed "thank you my lady". They both blushed and giggled. Then they explained their giant problem, literally there's a giant sleeping in a cave near the village.

James was feeling overwhelmed so Sofia helped him through song. When it came to the worker problem James turned to Cedric and whispered something in his ears. Cedric sighed "yes king James" and waved his wand. Now every worker had wheels in their shoes, "all hail king James " the girls chanted.