PROLOGUE: The Fire She Lit

There will be some changing in POV's within the book, but the chapters are long and there are multiple elements to this story! Nevertheless, I do hope you sit back and enjoy! Thank you for the support!
--
Miles gets in trouble for meddling in Murkoff business when he investigates the case of a missing girl and nurse at Leadville Health,  Ashley Silvic. He's given a new case, Billy Hope. 

If only he knew the the fire that miss Ashley Silvic lit.
--
Miles

"Mr. Fischer, please I can explain!" Miles frantically ran one of his hands through his hair, trying to calm the stray strands that covered his eyes. Heavy footsteps sounded against the hard floor of the office, strong and steady as he paced back and forth in front of his boss's desk. His heart thrummed in his chest due to the day's previous events.

Mr. Fischer exhaled through his nose, already sounding annoyed by Miles's mere presence. "OH trust me, Mr. Upshur. You can try all you can, however I think I know enough," he stated. Mr. Fischer leaned back in his chair and held the bridge of his nose in between his fingers. "Although I dislike online bloggers, I have to admit that the reports on your little 'incident' this morning have been very thorough despite it happening just this morning. However, I suppose news does travel fast in this town."

"What can I say? The ladies love me! They couldn't resist writing about me if they tried."

"Mr. Upshur, I'm afraid this isn't the time for your childish humor. This could have been much more serious given the situation," Mr. Fischer warned. He sat up in his desk chair and leaned towards Miles. "You broke into a hospital's file room, dammit! What the hell were you thinking?! It's the first day of this damn week and already you're causing a ruckus!"

Miles could feel the rush of adrenaline in his blood as he slapped a large envelope on his boss's desk. He gave Mr. Fischer a wide-eyed look, gesturing for him to open it. His boss stared at him in annoyance before letting out a breath of air and picking up the envelope. It seemed to Miles as if time were taking forever before the contents of the envelope were displayed on the desk in front of him and his boss. Laying before both of them was a series of articles documenting a missing person's case. Newspapers, online blogs, and photos were spread across the desk.

Mr. Fischer grabbed one of the top articles and read it out loud, although it didn't matter if he did or not. Miles knew each article like the back of his hand.

"Ashley Silvic, local nurse at Leadville Health, recently missing.

Last Friday, October 21, 2010 was an interesting night to say the least. Local reports from Leadville, Colorado have warranted an extended search for local nurse, Ashley Silvic. After working her usual night shift at Leadville Health, people were surprised to find out that she hadn't gone home. Her car was found in the hospital's parking lot, however the keys weren't in the vehicle upon discovery. Since then, there have been no signs of Miss Silvic.

Her parents have asked family and family friends about her potential whereabouts, however no one seems to know her location. She was last seen at Leadville Health tending to a patient that had come in unexpectedly, but their location hasn't been able to be traced and they didn't give a name when checking in.

Miss Silvic was last seen wearing her nurse uniform. She has bright red hair, green eyes, and tan skin. If you have seen her, please report her to the authorities as soon as possible."

"