Chapter 23: Connections

Waylon will accept his death. It's his last night to live. Why not take any comfort he can get? Especially if Eddie is so eager to give it.
-----
WARNING!

There is suggestive material in this chapter that is dubiously consensual. Along with that, there is HEAVY guilt.
-----

Waylon's POV:

Waylon wanted to detach himself from the fierce hold of Eddie's hand on his shoulder, but he found it hard to do so.

They were both still pressed up against the wall, chests heaving from the sudden calming of Eddie's rage. Eddie was looking at him with wide eyes, undoubtedly shocked yet maniacally appreciative of Waylon's newfound affections. His other hand was still gently placed over Waylon's cheek, entirely motionless except for a tremor here and there.

However, Eddie's confusion and surprise couldn't come anywhere near Waylon's. He was still trying to wrap his head around why he'd done that. He could've easily hid and let the monster resume his brutal attack on Eddie; whatever it had done to him was harsh. There was no way Waylon could've anticipated that the kiss would've brought Eddie back to him either.

Why did he do it?

An uncomfortable mixture of resentment and relief crept through Waylon as he glowered up at Eddie.

At the look, Eddie's eyes only darkened. He moved in, pressing his lips to Waylon's once more. Waylon felt his tongue run across his lower lip, fighting for entrance to his mouth. He didn't have the fight in him to stop Eddie's attempts.

Waylon squeezed his eyes shut as Eddie kissed him, trying not to think of Lisa and rather about his safety.

This was all for his safety.

He would stay alive by playing along.

That in mind, Waylon did his best to show any enthusiasm he could. He'd royally fucked up by allowing Eddie this invitation; letting the man think he could now put his mouth anywhere near Waylon's. But perhaps it was inevitable. Eddie was aggressive when he didn't get his way, and if Waylon wasn't killed tomorrow, he'd have to endure far worse according to Eddie's suggestive advances.

Eddie moved his hand from Waylon's shoulder to his hip, any care about the injury on his waist thrown out the window. As his hand connected with Waylon's side, the engineer gasped, which Eddie saw as pleasure.

"My, my, darling. To think that all this time, I was doubting your affections towards me," Eddie breathed between kisses. He let his chapped lips run to the side of Waylon's mouth, pressing a kiss there before working his way down Waylon's jaw.

Waylon couldn't help the stuttered breaths that escaped him.

(It was fear.)

(It wasn't pleasure.)

After a few moments of Eddie running his lips down the side of Waylon's neck, he crushed the smaller male against him in a crushing hug, breathing him in. Eddie sighed as he pulled back to smile dreamily at Waylon, eyes lidded like he was looking at his whole world.

"You were merely holding out on me, my darling dove," Eddie hummed.

Waylon was at a loss for words, merely trying to rid the taste of Eddie from his mouth. He could feel the man's lips on him still. The taste of Eddie's tongue in his mouth. The ferocity of his breaths.

Eddie chuckled at Waylon's mouth which was open agape. "I've stolen the words from your mouth. I thought we were saving our kiss for the wedding. But here you are."

Waylon stared up at him.

"In my arms and not a word. I can't complain. I'll savor this moment."

Waylon attempted to pull back, to which Eddie surprisingly let go, allowing him his freedom.