Chapter 2: Lisa

Miles starts the investigation on Billy Hope, all while meeting a familiar face.

Waylon begins his work at Mount Massive, but something isn't right...

-----

Miles Upshur

(A Few Hours Earlier)

Miles's hands were steady on his steering wheel as he pulled into the parking lot of Leadville Health, a local hospital in the town. The lot was busy with cars buzzing by as they searched for parking spaces, and elderly couples and parents of little children walked in and out of the building. Despite all of this, the lot wasn't necessarily loud.

People had always known to mind their own business around the city. That probably explained why nobody questioned what dark mysteries lay beneath the town's surface. The fact that a local nurse had vanished without a trace, and a young man had gone missing just a week ago around the same location had Miles scratching his head.

William Hope's case file didn't have much in it, and Miles wasn't the best at detective work, however there were a few pointers in his file that could potentially lead to new discoveries. 

Miles pulled his dark car into one of the spaces closest to the entrance

Miles pulled his dark car into one of the spaces closest to the entrance. 'Screw walking.'

He glanced over at the passenger seat of his car. A silver camcorder was perched on top of a tan file. Miles reached over into the seat, setting aside the camera and picking up the file, giving a long look at the cover of it. In big, bold red letters read CONFIDENTIAL. The folder was fairly light as not much paper lied inside, and even less information on the potential whereabouts of William Hope.

Miles breathed out and opened the file, giving it a quick look over just to make sure he got the location right. There were only two papers inside. One was a slightly wrinkled picture of who Miles assumed to be William. He had greyish looking eyes with a carefree look within them, with dirty blonde hair that was cut low to his head. No facial hair was present, and he looked pretty young and seemed to look happy as he sat in a campfire chair holding a marshmallow toaster stick. A large brown dog sat next to him with its head in his lap. The man wore a slight smile as he looked towards whoever was taking the photograph.

The other piece of paper held a few notes. One was where he was last seen; on the security footage of the hospital beginning to enter the building. The paper stated that he had a medical appointment that day and was there to pick up medication for his severe mood swings. Not much other information was evident, other than the fact that he had grown up with a severely abusive mother who had lost her rights as a parent when he was 16.

There was a small yellow index card paperclipped to the top of the file. On it was a note that was written in handwriting.

I won't fear what's said against me. I am the only me, and I would have known if I've done something to upset people.