Chapter 10: Weird Thing

A Bird In The Fan

---

This chapter is fairly graphic, and has very physically abusive scenes, so please be careful when reading.

--

Waylon's POV

As quickly as Waylon had crawled out from under the desk, Gluskin had made the move across the room. He swiped at the air, probably aiming to crush Waylon's head, or maybe grab him by the hair and stick his rusty knife deep within Waylon's guts. Fear gripped Waylon by the throat as he dodged Gluskin's movements.

He had no idea what had come over him. It was like liquid suicide was actually in his veins in the place of blood. He was hooked up on loopy juice and filled with the incredible desire to let Gluskin have his way with him. It gave him a sure feeling of fright when he returned to his full conscious self.

The only thing he could do at this moment was to somehow try to evade Gluskin's movements, but it seemed to be futile as his large fist connected with Waylon's cheek. He was continuously cornered into a far edge of the room, and it was like the man was trying to pummel him just for existing in his mere presence. The scowl on Gluskin's face was heavy and hate-ridden as he glared Waylon down.

"You ran away from me, you whore," Gluskin spat, grabbing Waylon by the collar of his shirt and throwing him up against the wall.

Waylon's feet were off the floor as he felt himself choke and sputter for air as Gluskin's arm leaned against his throat. Not again... dammit you...

"You're playing mind games with me. I can see that now," Gluskin continued, seething. As Waylon struggled for air, he focused his attention on Gluskin's face. His eye was twitching, just like Waylon's had started doing. It wasn't subtle at all, almost like he was trying to itch his eye by blinking.

"G-Gluskin.." Waylon choked out.

The man slammed Waylon harder against the wall, and growled into his ear, "Stop fucking with me, you crazy bitch! I can see right through you." Gluskin was disorganized and ruthless, pounding Waylon into the wall once more. "Your disgusting whorish ways won't go unpunished." The Groom reached into his back pocket, and Waylon panicked, looking for any signs of a blade.

There was nothing, and even Gluskin seemed surprised as he brought his hand back out, empty. "What the... I..." he gave out a frustrated growl and looked back into Waylon's eyes, fingers tightening in anger. "What have you done with it? Did you steal it from me?" He snarled.

Waylon was confused at the accusations. The knife had been positioned in his hand not too long ago, just before he'd been nearly castrated. Something in the man had changed in his moment of confusion. There was no venom in his eyes, just frustration and annoyance.

Gluskin snarled again and slapped Waylon's face. "Tell me where it is!"

Waylon saw this as a window of opportunity, and cried out in ragged breaths, "I can show you!"

Everything stopped for a moment. Gluskin held still, cocking one of his eyebrows as he processed what Waylon said. There was a moment of complete silence, and Gluskin didn't meet Waylon's eye. "You know where it is?" He asked, confused. It was so odd, like he couldn't even tell where he was or how he'd gotten there.

Waylon nodded hastily, and Gluskin dropped him back onto the ground. Gluskin didn't move, eyeing him with noticeable suspicion. It wasn't everyday that prey told the predator where its claws were. Waylon hesitated as Gluskin looked at him, realizing that he may have just made an error in his judgment. He had no idea where the knife was, and with Gluskin breathing down his back, he wasn't sure he could think of a way out of this one. Waylon did the only thing he knew to do, and started walking. Gluskin was confused for a moment, but followed Waylon. Waylon kept his eyes forward but Gluskin's footsteps were heavy, and Waylon could tell he was right behind him. Just enough to grab him if he stepped out of line, but far enough back that his suspicion of Waylon was evident.