Chapter 24: A Madman's Mother

Okay, hear me out. Two updates in one day is actually not something I'm used to. But today I just really wanted to thank everyone for all the support I've gotten. So I hope you enjoy this late night chapter.
---
Lisa has had to be strong for everyone. And she promises herself she'll continue to perservere, but she's only human. Hopefully with the help of a new ally, hope will start to become less rare.
---
WARNING!

This chapter is very dense, hence why Lisa and Waylon's POV's were split for the last two chapters. It's VERY important that you listen to this warning, because this chapter covers heavy guilt, sexu@l trauma, discussion of violence in a domestic setting,  and more. So just, please be wary. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am here to answer anything. :> Thank you. Be careful!
---

Lisa's POV

The panic was instantaneous. And Hank, as sweet as Lisa would come to learn he is, couldn't calm her nerves as she drove.

She'd checked the hospital. Stella had been discharged hours before Lisa had gotten there, and Lisa had already checked her house. There was no sign of her anywhere, and Lisa had tried calling the woman on one of the hospital lines they provided.

No responses.

No answers.

And she had no idea if she'd just lost the only mother figure in her life. Right after they had just fallen out for the first time ever.

It took everything in her power for Lisa not to cry too much on the road, but it was hard to keep her head straight. Hank just panted in the back seat, looking at her curiously.

Just a stop light away from the apartment, Lisa bent her arm back to run her palm over the dog's head. He made a noise of contentment, and Lisa gave him a small smile. It was better than nothing. But she needed to know that Lance and Aiden were okay.

Lisa knew LeAnne wouldn't let anyone touch them, but Murkoff had proven to be ruthless. They didn't care who they had to kill to keep people's mouths shut.

It terrified her. And she didn't even want to think about the fear Lance and Aiden probably felt right now.

She couldn't have been happier to park a street away from Miles's apartment building, rushing out of the van and grabbing Hank's collar along with her. She pulled the dog along to the apartment, keeping her head down and trying to make sure Hank wasn't distracted by anything.

Getting the dog into the building and up the stairs was a lot easier than she thought. Hank was sweet, staying next to her leg the entire time. It was like he was just happy for the company.

Poor baby, Lisa thought. Of course, if Claire Hope had been killed, the dog was probably lonely.

Lisa knocked on the door, giving the small pattern of thumps that her and LeAnne had talked about for security. If LeAnne didn't hear the knock, she wasn't to open the door to anyone. No matter who it was.

The few seconds it took for someone to come to the door was excruciating, and Lisa was considering just trying to kick down the door before it swung open. A thick hand grabbed the collar of her jacket, pulling her inside aggressively. Hank barked as Lisa was slammed against the wall, a gun pressed to her head.

Her heart dropped as a man she'd never seen before held her there with a glare on his face.

"How did you find us?!" He demanded, positioning his finger on the trigger.

Lisa glared at him with every ounce of anger she could muster. "Get the fuck off me!" She tried looking around the room for any sign of her kids, but the man was blocking her view.