Chapter 1 - that man is a brownie bound

Your POV

I walk into the Library, already seeing some other people.

Two in the front: The Princess, Claire, and The Athlete, Andrew.
One behind them: The Criminal, John Bender.
One in the middle of the other side of the tables: The Brain, Brian.
And one in the back behind Brian: The Basket Case, Allison.

This is going to be interesting.

I sit one table behind John Bender and put my feet up the chair next to me. At that moment Vernon walks in and starts talking about something I'm not interested in.

"It's now seven-oh-six" he says, looking at his watch. "You have excactly eight hours and fifty minutes to think about why you're here. To ponder the error of your ways"

Bender leans back into his chair and spits in the air, before catching it back into his mouth.

"You may not talk, you will not move from your seats" he then point at Bender before saying: "and you will not sleep." He then looks at me and says: "You will not speak up" I roll my eyes at that.

"Alright people, we're gonna try something different today. We are going to write an essay, of no less than a thousand words, describing to me who you think you are."

"Is this a test?" Bender asks.
"And when I say essay.. I mean essay. I don't mean a thousand words repeated. Is that clear Mr. Bender?" Vernon declares.

"Crystal"

"Good, maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even decide whether or not you care to return. My office is right across that hall" Vernon says, pointing towards the hall. "Any monkey-business is ill-advices. Any questions?"

"Yeah I got a question" Bender speaks up. "Does Barry Manilow know you raided his wardrobe?" He asks. I silently laugh.

"I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns." Vernon says and then walks out of the room, into his office.

"That man...is a brownie bound"