Chapter 6 - i guess we're both screw ups

Your POV

"Where's your lunch?" I ask Bender.
"You're wearing it" he smiles
"In your dreams"

"What's that?" I ask Claire about her lunch.
"Sushi" she tells me.
"What kind of Rich-people food is that?" I question.
"Rice, raw fish, and seaweed" she explains .
"You won't accept a guys tongue in your mouth, but you'd eat that?" Bender joins in.
"Can I eat now?"
"I don't know... give it a try"

There is a sound of rustling that makes Bender and me turn around. Andrew is taking out a couple of things out of a large paper bag. A couple of sandwiches, an apple, a bag of cookies, a party-sized bag of potato chips, a banana, and a carton of milk. My jaw is on the floor, he's gonna eat all of that??

"What are we having?" Bender asks Brian, who's taking out his lunch.
"It's your standard, regular, lunch I guess."

Bender puts his hand into Brian his lunch bag, he takes out a can. "Milk?" He asks.
"Soup" Brian says.

Bender digs his hand in the bag again and takes something out.
"PB&J with the crusts cut off. Well Brian, this is a very nutritious lunch, all the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr. Rogers?"

"Uhm, no. Mr. Johnson" Brian corrects him.

"Here's my representation of the life at big Bri's house" Bender says while standing up.

(The mom
Brian
The father)

"Son!"

"Yeah dad?"

"How's your day, pal?

"Great dad, how's yours?"

"Super! Say son, how'd you like to go fishing this weekend?"

"Great dad! But I've got homework to do"

"That's alright son. You can do it on the boat!"

"Geeeee!!"

"Dear, isn't our son swell"

"Yes dear, isn't life swell?"

Bender mimes the dad kissing the mom and son on their forehead. Then he pretends to punch the mother in the face. My smile falls at that.

"Stop it Bender" I warn him.

"Alright, what about your family?" Andrew asks Bender.
"Oh, mine? That's real easy"

Stupid, worthless, no good, God damned, freeloading, son of a bitch, retarded, bigmouth, know it all, asshole, jerk!!

"You forgot: ugly, lazy, disrespectful-"

"Shut up bitch!! Go fix me a turkey pot pie"

"What about you dad?"

"Fuck you"

"No dad, what about you?"

"FUCK YOU"

Bender punches the air, he then pretends that he's being hit.

"Is that for real?" Brain carefully asks him.
"You wanna come over sometime?"

"That's bullshit, it's all part of your image. I don't believe a word." Andrew scoffs.

"You don't believe him?" I ask
"No" he tells me.
"No?"
"Did I stutter?"

I bite my tongue. Tears are prickling in both my and Benders eyes. Bender starts walking over to Andrew, he rolls up his sleeve, showing a dark circular scar.

"Do you believe this? Huh, Jockey? It's about the size of a cigar. You see, this is what happens at my house when you spill paint in the garage." Bender explains.

He rolls his sleeve down and walks backwards.
"See, I don't think that I need to sit with you fucking dildos anymore!"

He walk towards the map erea and throws the books off the table, screaming. He jumps on the table and climbs onto the balcony of the second floor and sits down.

"You shouldn't have said that" Claire tells Andrew.
"How do I know? I mean, he lies about everything anyway" Andrew shot back.

"You're a fucking moron! You have no right to say something like that about his home life. People don't joke about that shit. Is it so hard to accept that not everyone has a happy rich life like you?!." I yell at him

I grabbed my lunch and walk up the stairs, up to the balcony where Bender is sitting. I walk over and sit next to him.

"I don't want your pity" he sights.
"I'm not here to give you pity" I explain to him

I roll up my sleeve, showing him scars that my dad left there. Cigar scars, scars from sticks, belts, etcetera. Bender gently grabs my arm and puts it against his forehead.
"I guess we're both screw ups, right?" He jokes.
"Yeah, I guess we are"

"I'm here when you need me" he tells me.
"Right back at ya"

"Come on, I got something for you"