Chapter 9 - i like you too

Your POV

Claire, Brian, John, and I are sitting in the back of the library, getting high. Andrew went to god knows where with his own blunt. Claire tries to breathe it in but she just coughs it out. I laugh at Brian as he tries to eat the smoke.

"Chicks cannot hold their smoke, that's what it is" Brian says.

"Do you know how popular i am? I am so popular, everybody loves me at this school.." Claire states.
"Poor baby" I say.

Bender tries to give Brian a high-five but the brain falls over before getting there. I giggle at the stunt.

Then, Andrew comes out of the map room, which is filled with smoke. He starts dancing really wild and taking of his vest, I whistle at him. He goes back into the map room and screams at the top of his lungs, making the glass door shatter.

After a while I lay down, closing my eyes. My head in Bender his lap, him playing with my hair. In the mean time Claire and Bender are looking through each other's stuff. I try to sleep.

"Are all of these your girlfriends?" Claire questions. My whole body's stiffens at that, but I still pretend to be asleep.

"Some of them" Bender answers
"What about the others?"
"Well, some I consider my girlfriends and some I just.....consider"
"Consider what?"
"Whether or not I wanna hang out with them"

"How come you got so much shit in your purse?" Bender then asks, trying to change the subject.
"How come you got so many girlfriends?" Claire asks back at him.
"I asked you first"
"I don't know, I guess I never throw anything away" Claire answers John his question from before.
"Neither do it.."

My heart shatters. I should have known it, Bender doesn't actually like me. He's not actually interested... he just wants someone new to his collection.

"What about y/n?" Claire continues
"Y/n isn't like those girls" Bender nervously answers.
"How come? I mean, we all saw you kiss them"

Before Bender can answer, I stand up. I've had enough of this conversation. I walk back to the front of the library. I sit at the table I was sitting before and smack my head against the table.

Stupid.

"Y/n" I suddenly hear a voice say next to me.
"Fuck off Bender"

"Look, I didn't want you to get the wrong idea" he explains.
"What wrong idea? You just wanted someone to add to your list." I spit back at him.

"No, not at all" he tells me.
"What is it then John?"

"I've just-" he begins, he takes a deep breath before muttering a small 'fuck it'.

"Look, I like you, okay? The first day I saw you, we were in English class together. You stood up against the teacher about some sexist book we had to read, and I couldn't help but think that you were so awesome. Every time I saw you in the hallways, I got this feeling in my stomach. And honestly, it fucking scared me. So, I've tried to get that feeling with all those girls in my wallet, but it didn't happen. They mean nothing to me" he explains with tears in his eyes.

I just look at him, I don't know what to say. There's nothing to say. John turns around and starts walking back, I grab his arm. I look at him for a second before grabbing his face and connecting our lips. We move our lips against each other. He pulls me even closer, if that's possible. We both pull back, leaning our foreheads against each other.

"I like you too"