Can you forgive me?

The small waves brushing over my feet. The wind grows stronger. I look forward as the storm clouds adjust. The sky tints from blue to grey. The once warm is now cold. The yelling has gone quiet. The only sound I hear is my breathing.

"H-have we won?"

.
.
.
.

Xiao shoots up, breathing rigidly. The Adeptus surveys the area, no threats insight the Yaksha calms himself. He had fallen asleep in the outdoors of Liyue, lying on a tall rock. The night sky glittered.

"Good morning!"
Hu Tao greets, bouncing up from behind the rock Xiao had fallen asleep on.

Xiao jumps back, out of all the mortals in Liyue only Hu Tao was capable of surprising him.

"D-do you need something?"
Xiao said, frustration ticking one by one.

"You seem out of your wits! Are you okay?"
Hu Tao asked, crossing her arms.
She was in her usual fit, however, she seemed to be off from work.

"Why aren't you attending to the parlor's operations?"
Xiao hissed, leaning onto the rock.

"Why attend when you can make customers for yourself?"
Hu Tao smirked, Xiao laughed softly a small smile appeared on his face.

"Well, I am headed off to Wuwang hill! Would you like to come along?"
Hu Tao asked, placing her hands on her hips. "I am not interested in the dead."

"Well dead are never really dead till they cross the border. Who knows I may be able to summon a spirit for you~"
The options weighed in Xiao's head. Before the Adeptus came to a conclusion.

"Okay, I will escort you."
Xiao stated firmly, summing his Jade spear.

"Sounds like a plan! Just don't try to get killed."
Hu Tao winked, humming her hilichurl tune.

"The eldest hilichurl got sick the second one took care~"

.
.
.

"This is the border between life and death."
Hu Tao explained, showing the rocks with an alluring aura.

"I said I would escort you, I did not agree to venture into the underworld with you-"

Before the Yaksha knew it, he was dragged into the depths of the border.

"YEAHHHHH!"
Hu Tao landed on her two feet.
A cunning smirk left on her face. Xiao plunged, reaching the flat ground.

"So this is the border of the living and the dead."
Xiao said, clearly annoyed.
Hu Tao nodded vigorously.

"Yes! It is, now, let's get ready."
Xiao raised a brow, confused about her statement.
"Get ready for what?"

Hu Tao pointed towards some ruins.
Xiao stared at the mortal in confusion.
The director sighed and started walking towards the ruins. The Yaksha following vigilantly behind.

"We must carry these spirit spheres a couple of times. Let's talk of something not mundane while doing it!"
Hu Tao suggested, picking up the blue wisp and walking towards a side exit.