Chapter 12: Admit

It's been two days since I removed the lug nuts from Charlie's car. And I didn't even try to take a step towards her or any of the pilots. I wanted to tell Iceman that it was his fault (and even fess up to Charlotte), but every time I tried, I would start to feel sick. I would go everywhere: the bar, towards Charlotte's house, everywhere. Yet I didn't even try to admit everything.

It's Tuesday. The day before I fly back to Orlando. And I didn't even do anything Goose told me to do. I wanted to see Maverick and tell him my feelings, but for the past two days I haven't seen him. He must be at work. There's no other way around it.

I also wanted to tell Charlotte the truth, but, as you may guess, I was too nervous to. What if this means our friendship is over? I can't afford to lose any more friends. So I didn't even try to talk to Charlie, either.

It was only 8:30 in the morning, and I was dressed and ready for the day. I usually get up at nine, but this morning I woke up at 7:30, and couldn't fall back asleep. It was because of a nightmare I had.

I've been having nightmares lately, and for some reason they're mostly related to Maverick and Charlotte. I haven't had really bad ones about them, but this one I had seemed to be the worst.

It started out happily, like how all of my nightmares begin. Maverick and I were driving in some car and we were going to a high school dance. We were dressed fancifully and we were singing and smiling and everything seemed content. It was until we reached the school.

I stopped the car right by the parking lot. The engine was turned off and everything was quiet. Maverick was staring at me, and I turned to him. Something in myself provoked me to lean over and kiss him.

"I love you..." I mumbled as I leaned towards him, my lips puckered. Maverick laughed and obliged. Like all of the dreams I had, we were just about to kiss until someone showed up to stop it.

The car door on the driver's side opened, and a blonde woman was standing there, looking furious. She seemed tall and, for some reason, she looked like a boy. I instantly knew it was Charlie once I saw her, and I didn't know how.

"You! Get your goddamn motherf—g hands off my man!" Dream Charlotte sweared. I hesitated, and leaned away from Maverick. I raised my hands in the air as if I was being arrested. Dream Charlotte smiled wickedly.

"Come here, Lieutenant..." she said in a soft voice. Maverick raised his hands in the air as well. "No! Leave my baby alone!" He snarled.

"No, Lieutenant! You can't go out with Madison! See? She's a Russian spy! She's part of the Soviet Union! She's trying to kill us!"

I gasped and stared down at my dress. There, sitting on the torso of my dress, was a perfect badge with a symbol of the Soviet Union. I gasped, knowing that I was not part of the union. I tried to pull the badge off, but it didn't budge. It was stuck on there like it was super-glued. At that point, I gave up.

"Need help, my man?" Dream Charlotte stuck out her hand towards Maverick. Stumbling over my surprised body, Maverick reached Dream Charlotte. He smiled, and held on to her hand. They then walked away from me, flirting as they went on. I was screaming in the car, wishing to come with them.

"NO! THIS IS A HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING!" I screamed. "I'M NOT A SPY! I WAS WITH HIM FIRST! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

But, somehow, I heard Charlotte clearly say "Get her!" and, out of nowhere, a hooded man appeared, holding a sack. He threw the sack over my screaming body, covering me in a blanket full of darkness.

That was when I woke up, traumatized.
(If you guys know what movie I'm referring to I love you. Hint: there was no guy with a sack, there was just a man taking a man away from his girl)