Chapter 26: Lunch with Iceman and Slider

The next day, I went to the hospital with Maverick, Carole, Iceman, and Slider to check on Goose. We were all surprised that Goose was alive. I didn't know how it happened, but I mostly thanked Maverick; if he didn't try to save Goose, stuff would've been way worse for him.

Once we reached the hospital, the doctor allowed us inside. Carole apologized for having a meltdown yesterday, but the doctor said she didn't even have to apologize. Carole was just fine.

Once we got inside Goose's room, I gasped. Goose was awake from his coma, and he was watching TV. He had some oxygen blowing through his nose and his head was still heavily bandaged. He was even smiling, as if nothing ever happened. I was surprised, and so was everyone else. It was a miracle that Goose was alive.

"Hey! Mother Goose!" Iceman exclaimed as he walked into the room. Goose turned around and saw us, and only smiled even more.

"Hey, y'all!" He said. "I'm glad to see you!"

"GOOSE! OH HONEY! YOU'RE OKAY!" Carole started crying yet again as she ran to Goose and gave him a hug. Goose hugged Carole in return. They soon started kissing, and Slider covered his eyes.

"Carole, I'm so glad to see you!" Goose said calmly as Carole continued to laugh and kiss him.

"I thought I lost you!" She cried.

"I thought I'd never see you again, until Pete here saved me."

Maverick gulped, and walked closer towards his best friend. He gave him a tight hug, and started crying.

"I thought I was too late to save you!" He sobbed, "I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Maverick, thank you so much!" Goose was now crying. "If it wasn't for you, I would be dead! You prevented my neck from breaking!"

"I just didn't want to lose you again, Goose."
(People who ship Maverick and Goose: *intense squealing*)

"So what happened when I was in my coma?" Goose asked after Maverick let go of him.

"Well, for a minute, they tried to put you down!" Carole replied. "But Madison here told the doctor that you deserve to live! Isn't she brave?"

I itched my arm as I walked closer to Goose, who was sitting up in his hospital bed, smiling.

"Ha! Madison? YOU told the doctor I deserve to live?" Goose laughed.

"Yeah." I sighed, "you were my newest friend, and I didn't want to lose you. I know I'm changing the subject, but I decided to stay for a few more days because I was so worried about you dying. If you died, I wanted to stay for a little bit to mourn you. But you didn't, so..."

"You're staying for EVEN LONGER?!" Slider exclaimed.

"Yeah! But it's really unnecessary, and my boss is going to be mad at me for being on vacation for nearly two weeks..."

"Oh, Madison!" Slider exclaimed again, "it's not unnecessary! We love it when you stay here for a bit longer!"

(Omg I'm at a restaurant rn and Playing With the Boys is playing I'm literally losing it XD)
(Okay I didn't actually have a meltdown but let's continue on...)

"A bit?" Iceman laughed. "More like an entire week..."

"You can say that again, Ice..." I snarled.

"Madison, you can stay here as long as you want," Maverick then said calmly. "We love you, and we love it when you stay here. We're not mad at you. It just lets us know that you love us as friends."

I laughed as everyone (except Goose) embraced me in a hug. Maverick was right. These are my friends, and I didn't want to leave them.

"Well, otherwise, thanks for standing up for me, Madison," Goose continued after everyone stopped hugging me. "That was a very brave act you performed."