Chapter 18: The Miramar Resort

"That's it right there! Doesn't it look luxurious?!"

Charlotte and I were driving for what felt like ten minutes. We were trying to find the resort, but I got confused with all of the roads around here. I was finally able to find The Miramar Resort, and it looked fabulous. It was right by the beach, and it stood tall and gallantly, even though it was in the middle of nowhere. It looked a little bit modern, yet I could still see the luxury within it. Whatever this place was, I knew I was going to have a good time.
(DISCLAIMER: The Miramar Resort does not exist. It is completely from my imagination, so I own it! I wish it existed irl, but what are the odds of that happening...)

"Wow! I never thought I'd see a place like this here!" I said.

"Well, it exists! And it's an awesome place!"

"I can tell!"

I drove my car into the big parking lot that, in fact, was full of cars. It took me a prolonged time to finally find an empty spot. I parked my car there, and Charlie and I got out. I grabbed my luggage in the back of the car and we started walking towards the resort.

"Trust me! You'll have a lot of fun here!" Charlotte exclaimed as we approached the entrance to the resort. "There's a pool and everything! Even a volleyball court for the gentlemen!"

Oh shoot. A volleyball court? Thinking of Navy pilots shirtless and spiking volleyballs over a net caused me to sweat a little. I imagined Maverick shirtless and playing volleyball, and I got the chills because he only got hotter when he was shirtless.

"I also want to make sure that the rooms are top-notch, and they don't have any bedbugs hiding in the sheets," I said.

"Oh! Of course they don't! This is a luxury hotel! How could the staff here, including me, not care for the hotel beds?"

"I dunno. But I'll trust you on this. Let's go!"

Once Charlie and I reached the glass door entrance, she opened the doors for me. I stepped into the grand hotel and gasped at how wonderful it was. The entire lobby glistened from the golden chandelier that was hanging from the ceiling. The floor was made of polished marble, and an elegant grey carpet with a burgundy and gold pattern spread across the center of the lobby. In the center of the lobby, there was a small lounge center where adults and kids were waiting for buses or other rides. Towards the back of the lobby, there was a big window on the wall that showed the endless ocean and some happy travelers tanning on the beach. I looked over to the check-in counter, where some women and men were standing and helping travelers check into their rooms. The men were wearing tuxedos, and the women wore fancy clothing. A canvas of multiple F-14 Tomcats flying in the sky was on the wall behind the check-in counter. The entire wall around the lobby was painted in tan. For some reason, the hotel reminded me greatly of the hotel I stayed at when I went to Universal when I was twelve (Sapphire Falls, in case you're wondering), and I could tell Charlie was definitely not wrong when she said this is a luxury resort.

"Wow! This place is so cool!" I gushed as I examined the lobby more. I saw a group of kids run out of a hallway in the back of the lobby who were wearing bathing suits. Water from their bathing suits dripped onto the marble floor. Their footsteps and their laughter echoed across the lobby. At least Charlotte was right when she said that there is a pool here....

"Told ya you won't be disappointed!"

"Ah! There you are, Charlotte!" Some woman said to Charlie in an elegant voice as she approached us. "I see you have finally made it here!"

"Yeah, but before I start my shift, can I give a free room to my best friend right here? She needs somewhere to stay."

"Well, we already have a bunch of free rooms for some people of yours, but—I don't see why we wouldn't give another free one for this best friend of yours!"