Chapter 16: Carole

(Did I mention that I was hoping to get a Top Gun shirt for Christmas? Well, if I did, I'm just here to say that I got it. Haha)

I woke up the next morning, feeling pretty energetic. It was the day where I was going to go to the airport with Maverick and Goose to meet Goose's wife. I'm always excited on days where I get to go to the airport. Airports are always fun to go to, in my opinion. Stores and interesting smells from restaurants, and the sounds of luggage rolling around on the floor. They always make me think airports are a unique place.

I got dressed and ready for the day within minutes. I tried to wear some clothes that were a little fancy because I was going out in public, and I had to look nice in front of "Carole". I even took the quickest shower I've ever took in my life. I knew I was extremely excited for today.

I then grabbed my purse and ran out of my beach house. But as I looked at it, I remembered: it was my last day staying at the house. I called the landlord the other day to tell him I was staying for another week, but he only made me stay for two full days because of other families coming to stay there. This meant that Thursday, basically today, was my last day at the house.

Because of that, I had to stay at another place. But where?

I got into my rental car (after checking the time to make sure I was leaving at the right time) and started driving to the San Diego International Airport. Traffic wasn't really heavy this morning, so I was able to drive smoothly towards the airport towards downtown San Diego.

Well, not really.

Once you reach close to downtown or close to the airport, traffic really starts to get heavy. There are tons of people who are trying to get to the airport, so once I got to the freeway that led to the airport, traffic started picking up. Before I knew it, I was stuck in traffic. Just when I turned to the road that led straight to the airport, I ran into a big line of hauled traffic. Cars in front of me, cars behind me, they were everywhere.

People really wanted to go to the airport today.

"Ughhh, you gotta be kidding me..." I moaned as I rested my head on the steering wheel, waiting for everyone to start moving again. I figured I had nothing to do but listen to music as I waited for traffic to clear up. So I just cranked up my radio that was blasting 80s music. It was currently playing a Van Halen song (rip dude ;-;) and everything seemed fine at first... until my gut wrenched again.

After the Van Halen song ended, the radio station switched to another song. But, out of all of the 80s songs that were out there, the radio station played Take My Breath Away. That song that I heard yesterday when I was practicing my dance moves. The love song that Maverick and Charlie really enjoyed... what has my life become?

I yelped a little once I figured out what the song was, and I tried to change the station. But something was wrong with the knob in my car that changes the music, and it wouldn't budge. So I had to tap on the backup camera screen in the car in order to change the music. But when I did that, the rest of the stations were all on commercial break. So I had no other choice but to listen to Maverick and Charlotte's love song. The song that I wish was Maverick and I's love song, but will never be.

"Ughhhhhh..." I moaned and tried to ignore the song, but I couldn't. I continued feeling my gut wrench. Then, I felt a strong cramp going through myself. It was in my abdomen. And this cramp wasn't just a cramp of pain. I knew the feeling of that cramp.

It's a cramp I feel whenever I'm in love.
(18+ again... ;))))

It went away after a few moments, but I couldn't stop thinking about Maverick. Yes, reader, you know I'm in love with him. But this love felt different and strong. I haven't felt this love at all when I was dating Johnny. I have never felt this much love in my entire life. I guess Maverick is the man for me after all, but with him dating Charlotte, what could I do?