Chapter 15

"Okay um I'll start with my family, I guess one they took me in and made me feel at home, especially Teresa and Mal, and then Seb's side I guess he stayed with me for the beginning"
"Do you have any cons for either side?"
"Ya Seb left me, he let the officers take me away,"
"And the other side?"
"I guess I don't have one"
"Alright, you can sit back down then" Zoe sat back down and saw a tear fall down Sebastian's cheek, Zoe felt bad but she also felt like he was getting what he deserved, "in the interest of the court Zoe shall stay with,"
"Wait!" Zoe yelled, a bit existed,
"What is it?"
"I have something else to say"
"Go ahead"
"Yesterday I remember some of the boys saying that, after the time they spent with me they got to know me well, when in reality the only people who spoke to me and made me feel at home were, Mal and Teresa, and to answer Teresa's earlier questions, my favorite color is red, and I love reading because it takes me wherever I want to go just by thinking about it, and finally, yesterday,"
"What?" The judge asked,
"Teresa asked if Sebastian knew my birthday, well it was yesterday, I guess in light of recent events it slipped my mind,"
"Well happy late birthday, but we need to wrap this case up"
"Hold on I'm not done, when Sebastian came to the house to say he wanted to fight for the custody of me, I was still hurt because I still felt like he left me and abandoned me, but when I was sad or man I always found myself reading a book, not just any book, tell me Sebastian what is the last book you read?"
"Discourse on method, why?" Sebastian said a little happy Zoe spoke to him,
"I got that from the library, and do you know why? Because it is the same one you got out, it is the same one you left a note in, now I haven't been able to bring myself to read the note but when ever I read the book I found myself thinking about Sebastian and when I thought about him, I couldn't be mad"
"That's great now as I was saying Zoe will be staying with,"
"No, one more thing, yesterday I turned 10, I can choose who I want to live with"
"Well who do you pick" the judge asked,
"My family gave me an amazing week but Sebastian gave me a wonderful few months, and even though my family is supposed to know me, I just can't see myself moving on happily without Sebastian"
"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Sebastian asked standing up,
"I think I am, I want to live with Sebastian"
"Yes!" Sebastian ran over to Zoe and went for a hug, Zoe put her hands up and backed up,
"Just because I want to live with you, doesn't mean I trust you"
"I'll do anything to earn your trust back, I don't care how long it takes"
"If I may, Zoe, why didn't you choose us? Teresa asked,
"Don't take it the wrong way, I love you and Mal to pieces but I just can't see myself going on happy without Sebastian"
"Okay, please come and visit" Teresa said wrapping Zoe in a hug,
"I will, don't worry" everyone said there goodbye's and left Zoe with Sebastian and his friends,
"I have some good news for you Mr.Stan,"
"What is it?" Sebastian asked,
"It has been just over 3 months since you adopted Zoe so as of today she is officially, Zoe Stan"
"Really?!" Sebastian asked existed,
"Yes really, Zoe say hi to your new dad" the judge said,
"Hi Seb"
"Hi sweetie"