Episode 27

"Rock And Roll Rave", The Preatures

After taking my breath, I called Anna because I needed the antidote. She came right away and offered her blood. 

"I can do the spell myself," she said. "I have observed Sonia attentively last time. I can do it now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Please, I want to help you."

"Alright."

She prepared the mixture with Aidan's blood and hers and dealt with the spell with confidence. I drank the liquid. At first, I did not feel anything but then it started to hurt, as if my veins were burning. The dark marks radiating from where James had bitten me spread quickly.

Anna turned very pale. "I don't know what happened. I did everything as Sonia showed me," she said.

It was difficult for me to talk as the pain was more and more violent. And suddenly, it came back to me. "There could be an interference with the other spell which I am the object of. Call Sonia."

When the witch arrived at my apartment, half of my face was already invaded by dark stains and I was breathing very faintly. I laid down on the couch. Anna was panicking and explained everything to her mentor.

Sonia did not look surprised and she moved her hand above my head. "There are conflicted magical energies here," she said. "You should have called me before."

"Is she going to be okay?" Anna asked with tears in her eyes.

"I have to cleanse her from the vampire blood but it is going to be more difficult than usual."

She took some tiny flasks in her tiny purse and made me breathe the vapors coming from the mixture. She chanted very quickly with her hand on my head. I was almost unconscious and I could not hear what she was saying, as if I were in a bubble of cotton, but a burning one.

The pain became sharper and sharper and I felt sick. I screamed and vomited dark blood. Then I felt fine again. I opened my eyes to see the concern on Anna's face. 

"I am alright, honey," I said. "It is over, I think." She hugged me. 

"Thank you, Sonia," I said. "Thank you very much. Do you think you could do something about the other spell?"

"It's strong and it's a different kind of magic, linked to the spellcaster. Only she can undo it."

"That is what I was afraid of. Thank you anyway for your help."

The witch waved at us, put all her stuff back in her purse, and left.

"I'm so sorry, Boss."

"Do not be, Anna. It is not your fault. You did great with the spell. I should have known that the curse could be a problem."

"But are you okay now?"

"Yes, I am fine. But I feel exhausted. I think I am going to sleep for a little while. Thank you again for your help, honey."

She asked me three times if I was sure I was okay, and finally left the apartment reluctantly, looking still concerned.