Chapter 16

*AMEERAH POV *

Sunday I really didn't do nothing.  I ain't gone lie and say I went to church because I didn't.  Ever since I was little I can't remember a time where we got up and went to church. Not saying it's a good thing but that's just something me and my family don't do.

Now it's Monday Morning and of course I gotta go to school. Today is the day I decide to make friends. Well not really but uma try and put myself out there more.

I decided to get up early and prepare for this shit. That's why I'm up at 6:30 in the Morning scrolling through my closet for something to wear. 

Don't get it twisted because I ain't trying to dress up for nobody. I don't believe in trying to impress people I feel they should take me as I am or keep the shit moving. I'm trying to impress myself and look good for me.

I always remember that you ain't gotta wear nice clothes to make friends. Your personality should do the job for you.

I decided to wear some black tights with gold studs on the leg part and my all black timberland boots.  As a shirt I put on my obey sweater either obey written in gold lettering.

Nothing too fancy and not too simple. I sat at my vanity mirror and took off my bonnet.  I don't know where I would be without this thing. I sleep in it everynight.

I unwrapped my silk out and laid some edge control to slick my baby hair. I actually have baby hair unlike some people. I hated when girls just slapped gel on they tape line to make it seem like they had edges.

I was done with my hair. It was nothing much I could do to it in this state. I moved on to makeup.  I don't wear alotta of makeup besides eyeliner and a little bit of eyeshadow.  I wear a bit of lip stick but overall I just use carmex or my eso egg.

I made sure to moisturize my face before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs towards the kitchen. If it was one thing I loved in my life it was food. I loved to eat and nothing could stop me from doing so.

I grabbed a granola bar and headed out the door not bothering to say goodbye to nobody. Seems like they been ignoring me anyway.

Once I got to school I held my breath before pushing the doors open to go in. Usually I would look straight at the ground when walking in but since Im trying to do Better I raised my head and walked down the hallway like I owned the shit.

If you wanted to get technical I actually did because me and my moms paid taxes or whatever.

I heard a bunch of "is she new " and " oo shit the turn up done got real". People could be so silly Sometimes. Outta all the gossiping chaos I still couldn't find the person I was looking for.

Which was my cousin. He was never late and he usually found me before I found him.  I felt like our rolls were switched and this was a repeat of Friday. But when I did finally find him I was hone hit him in the damn head.