Chapter 26

When the doctor finally arrived we found out that Amerah was respnding to our talking. If she was responding I wantd to know why she wasnt waking up.

Me and Ameerian chilled a little bit more at the hospital but soon visiting hours were over and we had to leave. The next thing on my list today was to find Keon. He had been M.I.A and I wanted to know. Before I could find him I had to know exactly where he was.

He didnt talk to many people at our school besides me and Ameerah and after they had fell out he only talked to me. I think I know where I could find him though. I knew his mama had a beauty shop. That was his legal job. I knew cutting hair wasnt keeping the latest Jordans on his feet. Thats how I came to the conclusion that he was a drug pusher.

Young nigga move that dope I guess. I heard a coupla niggas from around the way talking bout a new king pen that was taking over the streets on the southside of town. If I was lucky then they were talking about Keon.

I drove my car round town until I spotted some people who started looking familiar. I stopped the car and got out.

"Aye man wassup" I said trying to sound normal but in reality I just wanted to punch somebody especially if he didn't tell me what I needed to know.

He nodded his head in my direction while dapping me up. "You seen Keon lately" I responded while looking around for 12. I didn't need to be caught talking to these dudes. Around here police thought anything was suspicious behavior.

"Ole boy came around about 2 months ago saying he was moving back home. He comes back around every other week to check up on the supply but other than that he dont come round" he said while shaking his head.

"So you mean to tell me he moved outta town" I asked while slightly getting loud.

"Yeh man thats what I'm trying to say" he replied calmly. I looked towards the sky trying to calm myself down. I was I gone get in contact with this nigga if he moved. What type of shit is that I asked myself.

"Did he leave anyway to get in contact with him just in case something went wrong" I asked while getting impatient. I really needed to talk to this nigga and he wanna up and leave and shit.

He gave me the number and I walked back to my car not even hesitating to call the number. The bitch went straight to voicemail.

"Ugh" I screamed while banging my fists on the steering wheel. This is some bullshit I thought. All I wanted to do was find the people who did this to my cousin and I couldnt even do that. I needed Keons help because he had connections and could probably find out who had did this. Now I needed a new plan.

As I was sitting thinking my phone starting ringing. I looked at the caller Id and it was my uncle, Ameerahs dad.

I answered it and what I heard almost made me jump for joy "She's awake".

Without missing a beat I headed over towards the hospital. This was the best news I had heard in about 3 months.