Chapter 3

*Present Day*

"Beep, Beep"
Ugh I groaned. Today was the first day of my senior year in highschool. Most people would be jumping for freaking joy, but not me. I hate school and always have ever since my accident.

Before the accident I was always the talkative type and I always wanted to be seen because people told me all the time that I was pretty. From the way my shoulder length hair hung down my back to the way my dark hazel eyes shined in the light.

Now I barely got second glances. People knew I went to school, they just didn't pay me no attention because of my face. I really didn't mind but then again it would be nice to have a friend or a boyfriend.

I got out of my warm baby blue bed filled with cotton baby blue sheets and headed towards my bathroom. Most people would be like "I hopped out of my California king bed" but nahh me and my parents weren't rich. I mean we wasn't really poor but we didn't live in a mansion or nothing like that.

I arrived in my bathroom and looked around. I did my hygiene stuff and walked out to head to my closet. If anything I always got nice clothes when school came around. Not a lot but it was good enough to last me until income tax time.

My mama was a nurse at the local hospital and my daddy owned his own Barbor shop called "Clean Cuts". Everybody went there to get them a fresh cut.

I pulled a peplum shirt with leather on it and pulled out some leather skinny pants. Even though I didn't talk to people and people didn't notice me I still always wanted to make a good impression.

For shoes I chose some all black doc martins. I liked the boots personally and they were pretty comfortable to me. I looked in my body length mirror and nodded my head slightly. I didn't really wear makeup so I went to my bathroom mirror to fix my hair.

I couldn't really do nothing because my hair was so curly. I'm natural and ever since I could remember I had never had a perm. Trust me there was nothing wrong with perms because I remember a time when I wanted one so bad. Girls would come to school with a fresh perm and would whip their hair in every which direction. I would always find myself green would jealousy.

I would come home and say "mama can I please get a relaxer" and he would say "what's wrong with your hair now". I never had an excuse of what was really wrong with my hair so I just left it how it was.

I looked into the mirror once again and threw my hair into a slick bun, putting a little edge control on my edges to slick them back from looking curly.

I grabbed my purse and phone and headed to the living room.

When I got in he living room my daddy was in here just now buttoning up his personal made Barbor shirt.

"Hey daddy" I said while kissing him on he cheek. Ever since I was little I could always say that I was a daddies girl. I loved him and told him everything.

"Hey baby girl, how you doing this morning, is your ready for your first day". He kept firing me with different questions and I tried my best to keep up with them all.

"Yes I'm fine daddy and you know I don't like school but I will make the best of it".

I walked out the door screaming "see you later" to my daddy. I could have caught a ride but I didn't want to and started walking to the bus stop.