Chapter 21

After that day in the classroom me and Keon didnt speak. Well I think it was more I wouldnt speak to him. Hell I barely looked at him. I didnt even sit at the lunch table with him and Jabari anymore. I just felt like I wasnt welcome. It was time for me to start realizing who was actually on my time. All that time I was rooting for both Jabari and Keon but keon wasnt even feeling how I was feeling. I guess thats what I get for trying.

It felt like everybody was laying low or was I just tripping? I guess word got out about the thing that happened in the classroom because next thing I know my cousin walking up to me asking me what happened.

"Aye Yo man let me holla at you real quick" Jabari said while grabbing my arm and pulling me into a crack in the hallway. I looked him up and down and wondered what he was so dressed up for. He had on a pink polo shirt with some blue pants and some white Rockports.

"What do I owe you the favor of dear cousin" I smartly replied. I know he hated when I got smart with him but I felt like we wasnt rocking with each other no more ever since that girl came into the picture. I think I was just talking though because ever since that encounter in the bathroom with her I havent seen them together. That didnt mean she wasnt plotting though. I knew she was one of the sneaky girls and she would do anything to get to where she wanted to be.

"Cut the bullshit, whats this I hear about you and Keon messing around and getting into it wih my girl Jay" he asks bodly. This nigga had some nerve stepping to me with this bullshit. I might be shy with everyone else but I would never spare Jabari and he knew that. I didnt play that shit.

"Wait whole up nigga first of all dont you ever step to me with shit. Out of all people you know I dont fuck with many and for me to ever open up to somebody it must mean something or they must be very special to me. At least I thought he was. It was a mistake" I said in a rush and almost out of breath.

Yeh but-

"Nahh man and since when is Jay your girl" I asked him while looking at this nigga like he was a stranger. I didnt even recognize this person in front of me. He wasnt Jabri. Jabari wouldnt act this way over no girl.

"I guess from now on you and Keon dont have nothing to say to me. Yall will get whats coming to yall one way or another. Its a shame yall had to find out the hard way though" I walked away without letting him say another thing to me. I didnt want to hear anything he had to say to me. From the words that were coming out of his mouth he didnt have the whole story only what was told to him by a spectator.

Is this what happened when you opened up your life to something new? All I wanted to do was make a couple of friends and I couldnt even do that right.

On the way to lunch I wasnt even hungry. Usually that was my favorite part of the day. I felt like I had lost a big part of my life when my friendship with Jabari was gone. Believe it or not he was my only friend. But then again it didnt matter because he was a great friend.