Chapter 20

Two weeks had passed and so far I had no clue on what the hell was going on. I guess they was tryna lay low because I hadnt heard a peep out of the "NEW" clique since that day me and jay got into it. 

I eventualy did go out on that date with Keon. It was pretty simple but nice. It didnt make me feel awkward and I guess that was a good thing. It was actually just a light dinner in the park slash picnic. We held light conversation and when we werent talking he was staring at me and I was blushing. 

He made me feel like I was special and I didnt know if that was a good thing or a bad one.

It could be good because maybe it will make my romantic life less depressing but then again it could be a bad thing because I could be getting the wrong signals. I may think he like me but maybe the dinner wasnt a date maybe it was just a friendly outing between two friends. The world may never know.

I was at my locker and I was opening it to get my books out. Before I grabbed my Human Anatomy book a small piece of paper fell out. I frowned down at the small piece of paper but picked it up before anyone could see it.

I decided to wait until I was alone to read it instead of opening it now because I could see Jabari on his way over here.

"Wassup cuz" he asked me while nodding his head. I silently spoke back with my head nod. I didnt say anything because truth be told I was still caught up on this damn note.

"Something up with you" he asked while putting his hand on my shoulder. He had a habit of doing that whenever he thought something was wrong with me. Sometimes it was comforting while at other times it could be annoying. People think theirs always something wrong with you but truthfully you just be chillin.

"Aint nothing wrong with me boy, keep yo germy hands to yourself before I beat your ass" I said while pushing past him and walking to class. I didnt have time to waiste. I was really trying to find out what was up with these two girls and that mysterious boy. They just came out of no where and trying to be all buddy buddy with everybody but I wasnt having that. I was going to find out tea and the first step to doing that was to be alone and read the damn note.

I walked into my first period and mentally rolled my eyes at Leah. I guess her and Jay that new girl I was just talking about were friends now. That could only mean trouble.

"Look at this Bitch" Leah said and everybody laughed at her smart remark. I was so tired of this girl I didnt know what to do anymore.

"Your mama not in the room so what bitch is you looking at" I asked while raising my eyebrows. Everybody looked from me to her waiting on the next blow. I didnt raise my eyebrows because I was waiting on her to continue I raised them because I was suprised I had said something back. I usually wouldnt have.

"Man Im so tired of you thinking you the shit just because Keon be paying yo ass a little attention. Girl you really aint shit. I know that, the class knows that , and last night after what keon told me im sure he knows it too" Leah said.

That shut me up real quick. Since when was leah and keon hanging out. I looked from leah to keon and then towards a smirking Jay.

"Aye man why you putting me in this mess, I aint got nothing to do with this shit. Thats between yall not me" Keon said. WRONG MOVE. I hated when people said that. To me thats the worste thing you could ever say to me.

That aint got nothing to do with me.

If you were my friend and we had went out on a date I felt like it did have something to do with you. I was your friend and anything that had to do with me had to do with you too. Not everybody felt that way but I did. He was basically saying we werent that close of friends for him to stick up for me.

I came back to reality and the teacher was walking in. I could already tell that this was going to be a long day. After what had just happened I dont know if completing this so called mission was even an option now. I was doing this for the people I cared about. But I was starting to wonder who actually cared about me.

Fuck Keon,  I thought to myself. I would do this for Jabari because I had a feeling they were trying to mess with my cousins head and he was falling right into the trap.

**********************************************************************************************************

Please understand that I dont owe yall nothing. Its great if you are reading my book but like Ive said in my chapters before this I have a life outside of wattpad. I live just like yall do. I have friends and family and problems just like yall do.

Dont be getting disrespectful because Im not able to update always and when I do its a good thing.

Please be patient but to yall who aint really patient please just leave because there will be days or even weeks when I wont update sometimes but I will try.

Dont make me get ghetto on this thang !

Love yall !

LIKE, COMMENT, SAVE !