Old and new friends

( I found art on Pinterest)
" Niki!" I smiled seeing my old friend exit her parked car. It's been over three years since we had seen each other. But it's not like we didn't talk on a call every day.
             " Y/n! Been a while!" Niki smiled making her way to my open arms. Once close enough, I wrapped my arms around her. Pulling her into a tight hug. The hug would've lasted longer, but we were interrupted by passing traffic. I laugh a bit at the shock shown on Niki's face.
" Well as much as I'd love to stay here I do really need a cup of coffee.. and I know just the place to get some" I grab Niki's hand, navigating her though the crowds of people. After crossing a few streets and rounding a few corners we were there. The " lucky goat coffee". Niki looked at me eye brows risen. Laughing once again, I gave her a reassuring smile.
" don't worry! This place is amazing," Niki nodded.
" okay Y/n. Whatever you say," I put my hand on the Handel but before i got the chance to do anything else I hear a voice from behind us.
" excuse me?" I turn around quickly , trying to locate the voice. Finally I spot him. A boy who look around my age. A white mask covering his face but his dirty blonde hair showing from underneath his hood. Piercing green eyes staring deeply into my e/c
" yes?" I asked looking up to make eye contact. He rubbed the back of his neck, almost as if he was nervous.
                        " do you happen to have some spare change?" I stood shocked. He didn't look the type to be homeless. I move my hands to my pockets pulling out my small wallet.
" Ya probably- here lemme," I unfolded a few bills handing them to the guy.
" sorry. I hope fifteen dollars is okay," the guy shook his head no, reassuring it was enough. Pocketing my wallet I said my goodbyes and turned my attention back to Niki who had been standing silent at my side.
" that was nice of you," I smiled and nodded before letting out a giggle.
" this just means you're paying," I said smirking.

( word count 373 sorry for short chapter)