CHAPTER TEN

I buckled a very hung over Louis into his seat as he groaned loudly. He was so fidgety that I gave up and just decided to get in the car. He was just going to fight me on it the whole time anyways.

As I followed the many twist and turns down the mountain, I couldn’t help but zone out. My mind was flooded with thoughts of the night before. My thoughts replayed last night like a movie in my head; it was a movie that I didn’t want to end.

It had felt so perfect. Like a dream. Niall was a dream. I was still so surprised by it all that I was having a hard time processing what all had happened.

Niall wanted to be my friend. I wanted to be close to him more than anything in this universe. I was scared, though. I knew how I could be. I hadn’t had friends in a long time and I knew why. I didn’t want to shut Niall out but at the same time, I was absolutely terrified to let him in.

I was so afraid that he would hate what he saw. I couldn’t handle that, not again and especially not from him. It was different this time; things felt different.

I felt different.

I tried to clear my head as I arrived home. Louis was starting to stir and I knew I had to get him out of the car before he threw up everywhere. He would kill me if I let him do it in his car.

I hopped out and retrieved my trashed best mate. He didn’t try to fight me this time. Thank God. He opened his eyes slowly.

“Where are we?”

“Home, Lou.”

“What about Zayn?”

That caught me off guard.

“Zayn?”

Louis was barely shuffling his feet. He was barely conscious. He had no idea what he was saying. Did he?

“Wanna go to sleep, Haz.”

Yep. He had no idea what was going on. Oh, Louis.

“We’re going Lou, don’t worry.”

I eventually got him inside and into bed. I practically had to force-feed him some aspirin before he fell asleep.

Five hours later, I was afraid that he was going to sleep the whole day away. Finally, after ages of waiting, Louis emerged from his room. His hair was a total mess, he eyes were droopy, and he still reeked of alcohol.

“Damn, Louis I can smell you from here!” I waved my nose mockingly.

“Shut it, Hazzy.”

“So exactly how much did you have last night?”

“Honestly, I couldn’t even tell you, Harry.”