CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Niall soon untangled himself from my grip; I let him go reluctantly. He smiled at me, pecking me on the cheek. I still couldn’t believe this was happening. I think it was going to take some time to get used to. I was probably going to keep thinking that I was dreaming for a little while longer.

Niall made his way to closet and threw some clothes on the bed.

“Here, Haz, you can borrow some clothes again if you want.”

 I picked up a white v-neck and some skinny jeans off of the bed and pulled them on. I threw my shoes on and looked at Niall as he got dressed near the closet. He may not have the “perfect” body, but he was perfect to me in every way. He would never know what he did to me; all he had to do was look at me and I would melt. No one had ever made me feel like this before.

We quickly grabbed some breakfast and made our way out the door to start our day. I grabbed Niall’s hand, hoping that he wouldn’t mind. Holding hands wasn’t too much, was it? To my surprise, he didn’t object; instead, his fingers laced with mine like they weren’t meant to be anywhere else. He gripped my hand tight as we began to walk back to my place.

 We decided that we should probably let Louis and Zayn know what was going on. I never really told him where I was going last night. He was probably worried. When I woke up this morning I had about five missed calls and twenty text messages from him. He was going to be pissed. I hoped that telling him about Niall would make him a little less mad…

As we approached the apartment, I slowed down. Who was parked in the visitor’s spot? A silver 370z sat in the space that was normally unoccupied. I didn’t have a car, so I didn’t use it and Lou had his own spot.

“Oh, looks like Zayn’s here,” Niall exclaimed cheerfully.

I knew there was something between them.

I continued up the stairs with Niall close behind me. As I opened the door, Niall and I shot each other a sideways glance. There were Louis and Zayn, both passed out on the couch together, just like they had been the morning after the party. Except this time, there were no beer bottles or cups in sight, so I assumed they were probably sober.

The PS4 was still on, the FIFA start screen plastered on the television. Well, at least they weren’t doing anything else, I thought.

Niall followed me as I plopped down on the couch, causing Louis to groan.

“Harry…Harry go away…” he sighed as Zayn hugged his waist from behind.

I chuckled and started to poke his face, making Niall giggle as well. Lou swatted at my hand and Zayn began to open his eyes.

“Uh…Lou…I think we have company.”

“I don’t want company…” he groaned as I continued to prod at his cheek.

“Lewis…” I whispered in his ear.

His eyes shot open. He looked back and forth at Niall and me, not expecting us to be there.

“The fuck?” He exclaimed, sitting up abruptly.

“Nothings going on, huh?” I mocked, wiggling my eyebrows at a very angry Louis.

“Piss off,” he huffed as he swatted my hand away again.

Niall and I were trying so hard not to laugh; we both called it. Zayn didn’t seem to mind that we found them that way, but Lou was a completely different story. He began pacing back and forth in front of the television as we all stared. He stopped and pinched the bridge of his nose; he was obviously in deep thought. Lou was like me in that way; he had a tough time getting his emotions out sometimes but I had a feeling that he would talk to me if it were just me and him here.

I looked at Niall and Zayn and they understood.

“Hey, Lou, I think I’m gonna head out. I’ll text you later,” Zayn gave a small wave and headed for the door.

Niall gave me a kiss on the cheek and hustled after Zayn.

“Zayn, wait up! Bye Lou!” Niall smiled at Louis and shut the door behind him.

Louis let out a giant sigh of relief after they had gone. He plopped down on the couch beside me, his head in his hands.

“Lou…you can talk to me, for Christ’s sake. I’m your best friend. And I’m gay, so you know I’m not going to judge you…”

He looked at me from between his fingers.

“Lou…let it out…” I rested my hand on his back, rubbing it soothingly. I hated seeing him like this. He was usually such a happy soul and it hurt to see him this unsure. It seemed like Lou always k new who he was; I guess he didn’t know himself as well as he had thought.

He breathed out heavily, expelling all of the air from his lungs.

“I…I don’t know, Haz. I don’t know what’s going on with me! Zayn’s… he’s just….I don’t even know how to put it into words! I’m at a total loss here! I mean, fuck!..” He buried his head in his hands again.

“Lou, its okay. I learn new things about myself every day. It okay for you to not know exactly who you are. Find things out in time. Explore new possibilities. Explore them with Zayn, if he makes you feel the way I think he does.” I smiled down at him.

He ran his hands through his feathery locks.

“Holy shit, Styles. What the hell happened to you?”

I just chuckled at him.

“Listen, Lou, don’t regret things before they happen. Just let everything go, and I promise everything will turn out alright.”

He wrapped me in a tight hug.

“Thanks, mate. Oi, by the way, where the hell where you last night?”

I just laughed at him and picked up the controller, selecting a new game of FIFA.