CHAPTER ELEVEN (NIALL'S POV)

“What’s wrong, mate?”

“Hmm?” I looked over at Zayn as we continued to clean up the mess from the party.

“You look…I dunno…disconnected.” He looked at me with concern clear on his face.

“Just a lot on my mind, Z.”

“Like what?”

“Dunno…guess I’m just confused.”

“Talk to me, mate.”

“I—I don’t know if I can. I’m not even sure what’s happening. I don’t want to say anything and jinx myself or anything like that.”

“Jinx yourself? How would you jinx yourself?”

“If I say it out loud…”

“You’re really confusing me right now, Ni.”

I let out a heavy sigh and plopped onto the couch in defeat.

“It’s Harry. I think I might like him. I don’t know though. I get these strange feelings when I’m near him and I don’t know how to react or what to make of this. I just—I’m so confused Zayn. I don’t know…”

“I know what you mean.”

“You do?”

“Yeah, man. With—with Louis…”

“Louis? Harry’s best friend?”

“Mhmm.”

What the hell was going on with us?!

“What do we do? I don’t know what to say to him, Zayn. I don’t know if he’s gay or if he feels the same way. “

He sat down next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

“Just get to know him, Ni. You don’t know what he’s feeling. He seems like a pretty reserved guy though, so don’t rush him. Let him open up to you, don’t force it. You never know what you might find out. Don’t give up hope before you try.” He smiled at me and patted my shoulder.

As he stood up, I couldn’t help but wonder what Harry was doing at this exact moment.