Chapter 1 : The Missing

Yoonhee's POV:

Sitting on this cold floor for the last time and having to pack the few things I own in my cell felt weird. It's been 4 years since I last moved any of the items anywhere outside of this small room. Sharing this small space with 3 other convicts was hard but with time they relied on one another like sisters.

"Don't forget your letters" said Minyoung,pointing under the pillow on my bunk while looking at me with a sad expression.
" Thank you Minyoung, for everything. I promise to come back and visit you soon" I really was thankful, this girl was serving time for murdering her abusive husband. While it scared her, she felt like a real friend and definitely took away some of her loneliness. I gave Minyoung a hug and left her some of my snacks, I hope she can keep going on with her life.

*lock unlocks*

As I look up to meet the prison guards eyes, I squeeze her arm and give her a small smile before leaving. I swear Minyoungs eyes grew 2 times when she saw me smile...that's right, it was the first time in 4 years I have allowed myself to any emotions. It's my last parting gift to her.

"Oh Yoon Hee you are now released please get dressed into the clothes you were arrested in, here are your things" I take a look at the box full of my old items and at my old clothes. It felt alienating to be out of my cell uniform, I grab my phone and look for Ronas contact thinking I shouldn't call her until I clean my name. Texting her should be enough for now. Rona is now a grown woman and she stated very clearly that she doesn't want any contact after I get released from prison, in case she gets her name dragged through the mud again.

As painful as it was, reality is always hard. Their bond is still there but they decided through letters to stay low until I clear my name. It's understandable. I need to concentrate on my plan to bring that horrible monster down. I pulled scrolled down through my contacts and noticed her name..." Shim Suryeon..." I said that name out loud for the first time in a very long time. It felt odd to be very honest, at the beginning my whole body and mind yearned for her but with time those feelings changed, I changed. I realized the woman didn't share those feelings for me when she wouldn't contact me or reply to my attempts. One day Kang Mari came to visit me and told me about Suryeon's engagement to Logan Lee. It all made sense, thinking that the two had something real going on before I was framed was a big joke. Joke on me.

I moved on with my life and it's time to continue moving. In the taxi to Hera Palace I was looking for my Hera swipe-card I noticed a Polaroid me and the once important Suryeon took on a boat trip we took around Jeju Island, we looked so happy. I sighted at that memory and put the photo away, I will hold it as our last memory. Putting it back into my bag as I arrive in the Hera Palace, sunglasses on and a fix of the skirt as I make my way in.

Walking past the reception and stopping before the statue, this damn statue. I felt some stares and whispers behind me, ofc that's expected I am a convicted murderer. Many opposed of me moving back into my old apartment, yet they couldn't do anything about it as I was once invited by the almighty Penthouse owning family. That was enough to keep me in here without getting kicked out.

I suddenly felt stared at by someone behind me. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was, her perfume hasn't changed. I was definitely not going to pay her any attention now or never again. I decided to just walk on towards the lift and get in.

Walking up to my apartment, I felt my heart suddenly crack once more. I breather in and took a step in...

"I'm home.." I felt empty just like my apartment.