Chapter 2 : The Loneliness

Oh Yoonhee's Pov

5AM-

My eyes naturally opened at this time,  I look around the room and notice just how empty it feels. Grabbing my box of cigarettes I take one out as I lean against the back of my bed...."I am not in prison anymore, I should go to the balcony atleast" I  put on my night kimono and quickly put on the kettle for some coffee.  Waiting for it to boil I open up the blinds and head outside for my cigarette.

I decided to spend my morning on the balcony looking at the sun coming up. I grabbed my phone and started at the screen for a while before dialing a number - Ha Yoon Cheol-  Waiting for him to answer I take a deep breath...

" Hello? Oh Yoonhee? Are you there?" After a minute of spacing out I snapped back into reality. "Dr Ha how is our plan progressing?" I asked.
" How about we meet for dinner tonight to discuss  it? It's been a while Yoonhee..." the father of my beloved daughter said. I always felt like he wanted something more but after everything  that's happened, we both decided that what's  best for Rona is to just be a family that's  separated. He only took on the role of her 'father' after I couldn't  be by her side, he did a good job.

"Sure why not, how about 7PM at the Hera Restaurant?"I answered, I wanted to see him. Ever since I decided that business is the only thing that could ever be between us, he respected my feelings and decided to back off emotionally. We ended up having a good friendship, after all my heart was already bound to someone else at the time... "7PM sounds good, Yoonhee take care and see you tonight" with that I hung up and make the reservation.

I heard my phone calling just as I put it down. Rubbing my temples, I felt my headache coming on but still answered the phone.

" What took you so long Yoonhee-shi??" Said my friend Kang Mari. " Sorry Mari, I felt a headache coming on and here you are" I said trying to provoke the woman. "You have like 0 respect towards your elders, you know that don't you?"I hear her giggle at me before I answered. "Sorry Mari-unnie, back to the reason for the call, what's  up?" I ask.
" Looking at the time now it's  9AM, Mari's sauna opens at 11, why dont you meet me and get a massage on me?" I could sense the concern for me from the woman's voice, somehow she was still the only person I truly trusted and felt like actually cared for me. Rejecting her offer would only alarm her, so I agreed.
"I'll  be there, see you at 11 unnie" I have time for one more cigarette atleast..

10:30 AM-

Leaving my apartment I felt some real anxiety creeping up on me, I take deep breath to calm myself "it's  okay yoonhee, just ignore everyone and things will be ok" I say to myself before getting into the lift that already carried 3 other Hera Palace ladies.

"Look it's  her... " someone said behind me. I just looked ahead.

"Shh she will hear you....I dont want to be thrown off the balcony tonight" Well that was a bit harsh? They dont know the truth I tried to tell myself, with that the lift stopped at the underground parking and they all went separate  directions. Looking for my Bentley Continental GT....I found it... finally, it's been 4 years since I drove this baby around. What a sexy car i managed to buy before I was sent off.

With a car that good, it was a matter of minutes to get to Maris Sauna, listening to some music put me in a good place for the first time that day. Managed to get there 10 minutes before the agreed time. I decided to grab some steamed buns at the side of the road. I missed the fresh goodies from the bakery across  the road.

Mari came out looking for me, I got her a coffee  from the bakery and waved her direction. Running up to me she gave me a hug which I melted into. I haven't  been hugged like this in a long time, she was like my family nowdays, she visited me atleast once 2 weeks and kept me sane by talking to me about just ordinary things. I owe her alot, she even offered  to help me get my revenge but I rejected as I dont want her to loose anything...after all I have nothing left to lose.