Chapter 4 : The Unexpected

Yoonhee's  Pov:

Having to live by myself has been definitely  taking a tool on me. I don't  cook and I dont clean often.  Maybe today is the morning I should.

Getting out of bed, I couldn't help but think about the day I shared with Suryeon 2 days ago. She hasn't made any contact in 2 days, maybe she got the hint. With that my smile faded a little. Walking up to my mirror I saw that my long hair was tangled. I haven't  been sleeping well the past 4 years, yet somehow last night I managed to sleep for longer than 8 hours with no breaks.

Refreshing, was the right word to describe it. After fixing myself up I made my way to the kitchen and put on some toasts, remembering the massive breakfast the brunette cooked for me just the other day. I wondered if I'll get to taste her food again.

Laying myself down on the sofa, cigarette in my mouth, smell of fresh coffee and my perfect toasts. Turning tv on was something I haven't  done in years. Taking slow sips of my coffee I enjoyed some news. It made me think of my revenge, JDT knows I'm out so I should probably change the locks.

The past two days I spent planning with Yoon Cheol, what's the best way to take Minyoungs family business back and bail  her out. We then found some interesting  connections,  ofc none other than JDT himself owned 68% of it. Deciding to strike at Cheonsoo district with full force we decided to offer a contractor deal of the best areas and the highest profit % to all the sector owners. We were willing to give up 20% of our shares in the district just so he takes the bite. Currently we own 45% and JDT owns 35%. To buy us out he would have to sell his least known investment stocks which would be H.H.Foundation which  is also Minyoungs fathers company. Once he takes the bite, withdraws his money and sells the stock, we will buy all of it under a different  name just before he gets the money we will pull out our offer of selling the 20% , leaving him with less of his assets. That's the plan, let's hope he takes the bait.

Taking away attention from my revenge, was a familiar woman on the TV screen. Shim Suryeon?

'POWERFULL BUSINESSES  COUPLE  BREAKING OFF THEIR ENGAGEMENT. DUE TO DIFFERENCES  THAT WEREN'T  FORESEEN, SHIM SURYEON AND LOGAN LEE, DECIDED TO BREAK THEIR ENGAGEMENT AND TURN BACK THE MERGE OF THEIR TWO BUSINESSES' 

My mouth fell to the floor. With that I heard some footsteps outside my door and suddenly the door bell rang. *thud* *thud* My heart started beating faster....thinking it would be the brunette....I almost ran to the door...I open the door and that's  when...

"Yah! Yoonhee-shi....why don't  you reply my calls? Let's go for out for lunch to the Hera Restaurant!" I saw Kang Mari at my door. Waving her hand in front of her nose  " you smell like cigarettes and your house is a mess.."

I watched her walk right past me. "Unniee.....I just haven't  had the time..."She looked at me with a bit of concern while making herself a coffee.
"It must be hard living alone...Why don't  you move in with me and Jenny? " I know she was being serious but somehow I cant imagine us living together.
"I'll  pass but thanks for the offer unnie, I really appreciate it"i said as I watched her clean my table. "Unniee....stop you aren't  my cleaner.." slightly embarrassed  now, the older woman was like a big sister to me. Caring and loving. What would I have done without her?

" Let me clean around while you get ready?"

"Okay unnie, you dont have to clean though, I can do it when we get back..." I said...

"Don't  be silly, I want to. I already knew your house would be a state... now go and get a shower..." she said, pushing me to my room. I smiled at her and just nodded.

Letting water just pour on me for a few minutes, it was definitely comforting...even for someone like me. Suryeons public announcement was on my mind, the past two days made me realize that I have had some sort of feelings left for the latter, but ..loving Suryeon is like stabbing myself in the back....better without it. Suppressing my broken heart and  feelings and thoughts for now, I left the shower and started getting my make up on.