Chapter 8 : The Desire (Pt 1)

Shim Suryeon's  Pov:

It's been a week since I confessed my love to Yoonhee. I know she hasn't said it back but I can wait until she is ready. Walking around the kitchen, while following my weekly routine I added something special to it this week. Exactly the day after Yoonhee spent the day with me and the kids, I noticed then that she really doesn't  eat enough. I have been bringing her breakfast before work everyday.

I know she will try her best to eat it, as long as it's from me. It melts my heart knowing that she actually  enjoys the food I cook for her. I wish I could be a bigger source of support to her. I understand that she doesn't like to lean on people anymore, but I can't  help to wish that she will learn to trust me again. It reminds me of the first time we met and she was so lost as a person. So innocent and pure.

Thinking of her pretty short hair that framed her face perfectly and her cute birthmark under her left eye. It made my heart flutter at the memories of how we met.

"Hello, I am Oh Yoonhee. My daughter is on the waiting list for this Arts School." She shot me smile that could make anybody's  day.

" Hello, I'm Shim Suryeon.." I just nodded and turned my attention to my suspicious husband.

" Oh I am sorry, but may I confirm this again...you are the famous Shim Suryeon? The daughter of one of the richest businessmen in Asia?" My attention back to her now, I giggled at her with a bit of amusement. She is very cute I must admit,  asking me a question like that so bluntly.

"Ah yes that would be correct. Don't  mind my status please and drop the honorifics, I'm sure I'm not older than you by much.." I saw an unsure look on her face. "Sure then, Suryeon..unnie..." I like how my name rolls of her tounge like that. I looked into her deep brown eyes before speaking. Her eyes are just mesmerising, especially with that birth mark.

"We should have dinner sometime"  I blurt out, without thinking it through.
" Sure, we should" I saw her face get flushed? I arched an eyebrow " Are you nervous?"I asked her, a little confused as to why she would be flushed, " Maybe a little? You are too pretty..." she managed to look up at me. *thud* *thud* I felt my heart get faster with that comment. "I'll  call you....Suryeon.." I felt her slip a business card into my hands and wave at me before getting into her car. Looking down at the now business card in my hand, I felt a grin creep up on my lips. "I'll  be waiting Yoonhe-shi".

I remember not being able to stop thinking about her that night. Waiting for her to call. I'm glad she did, despite of everything that's  happened between the two of us.

In the past week, I felt like she really let me in a little. I smiled like an idiot everytime I think back at her little quirks and likes and dislikes that I found out in the past week. I didn't  know she hated smoked salmon, yet I always found it quite a delicacy. Bringing her some bagels with it the other day, I found it really cute when she tried to spit it out when I wasn't  looking but she still said it tasted great.

Making sure I have everything I need for work, grabbing  my homemade granola for the latter, orange and spiced cranberry since I know she definitely likes those.
Taking a last look into the mirror and fixing myself up I noticed some of my lipstick came off...looking at the scar my ex husband JDT left me.Tracing over it with my finger, I wished I had never met him. It did have it's benefits of meeting people who are still here for me, one of them being Yoonhee.

Trying not to linger on it for too long and covering it with some lipstick, I put my hand over my mouth as i thought how i bluntly expressed my love for the red haired latter earlier this week. I felt the butterflies in my stomach go wild, who would have thought that at this stage in my life, I would still get to experience those little things. Everyday this week I have felt myself grow more nervous about the future of 'us', especially  knowing that she doesn't  want a relationship just yet. I enjoy taking things slow too, but I have never craved anyone like this before.