Chapter 23 : The Hwang Minyoung

Oh Yoonhee's Pov:

We are taking a run by the Han River, watching my pretty girlfriends back. How is she so effortlessly beautiful, even from the back?

I have been thinking about many things in the past few days, it's been a week since we dealt with JDT. It's been 3 days since I took all his assets and made sure he was taken by the Japanese International Crime Services. I felt like I could finally breathe, but there was one or three things still on my mind.

First is getting Minyoung out later this afternoon, second is calling Ro-na to finally meet her, I missed my baby so much. I wonder if she has grown taller than me, I wonder if she found the love she deserves. I failed her as a mother yet i still want to be one, now that i can with a clean slate.

Taking a deep breath and peaking over at Suryeon again, my heart beating so fast, the third thing i need to do is...

"YAH! Yoonhee-ah you are so slow. You were always the last in P.E class, weren't you?" Snapping me out of my thought process, feeling my eyebrow twitch. She makes fun of me even more comfortably these days.
"Suryeon-shi! Don't underestimate my running capabilities. I'm just saving my energy for the rest of my life." Stating my lame excuse as proudly as ever. I am refusing to admit I wasn't good at P.E.
I'm not good at running, but I do work out. Muscles over stamina I'd think.

"Sure Yoonhee-ah! See you at home, at this pace." Last thing I saw was her sticking her tounge out at me, she got more playful these days. Bringing a smile to my face, Suryeon has always made me feel so at ease. Even after prison I still found myself at ease around her, angry but at ease.

-25 minutes later-

"YOONHEE-AH! Let's go home and work on your stamina!" Seeing her by the car, people staring at me. "Stop that! You are embarrassing me!" Oh god, when did she become this fearless.

Walking right past her and getting into the car. We sat in silence for a bit until I turned towards her, "Are you sure you want to come with me today?" I felt like I was walking on egg shells.
"Why not? I want to see what 'YOUR' Hwang Minyoug is all about." She pouted so hard it made her look like a squirrel.
"Minyoung is like a sister to me Suryeon-ah!" I know it's just a bit of jealousy, Suryeon isnt that kind of woman. She doesn't get "..jealous " I whispered into her ear. With a smirk now plastered on my face. I saw her pout drop and her head about to turn away from me, until I gently grabbed her chin and brought those lips in for a peck. "I'm not j-jealous.." she whispered.
"I think you are, but really there is nothing to be jealous over. Trust me."

Bringing her eyes to meet mine, " You are so cute." I made myself comfortable in the drivers seat again. "Oh and Suryeon-ah, I need you to drive me somewhere once a week." I started a conversation to break her crazy thought process. "Where?" I smiled. "I will be receiving, weekly therapy from now on. I don't want to live in the past." Showing her my brightest smile, she looked shocked. Feeling her hand on my thigh, "Me too Yoonhee-ah.." huh?
"I'll join you, I'll go to therapy too. I'm so happy you are going to start it again. We deserve to be happy, together." I felt a tear escape my eye. Wiping it away I looked at my still freshly dyed brown locks.

Staring the car off.
"You brown hair make you look softer Yoonhee-shi." Hmm?
"Do you like it? You said it felt different but I see now you found the right words." Her hand tightened on my thigh.
"I love it, makes me want to take care of you. Your facial features look relaxed and the hair's making you look softer. I think it's my favourite so far." Chuckling at her comment.

"What was that about?" Pointing at the ar hed brow and my soft giggle.
"I'm just happy."

This feels right, things are almost back where they should be. I have Suryeon, I will have Minyoung back later, Rona will come back once I buy her the ticket, I'll even pick her up off the airport this time and I have myself. I feel like I can achieve anything these days. It's as if Suryeon was the key to everything for me, the key to unlocking the potential of myself. I love her.