Chapter 17 - The Reality

Shim Suryeon's Pov :

Cleaning, cleaning this big house takes the best of me. Why did I ever insist on doing all of it myself? My maids are here just during the days when I can't take care of everything. With my ear buds in, it's the only way I could get on with it.

One of my favourite songs came on- 7 rings by Ariana Grande. It was a guilty pleasure of mine, the shoe fits and I'm not going to lie. I was a spoiled woman until I found out about Seol-ah and met Oh Yoonhee. I would be lying if I said I don't feel expensive and whenever I walk into a room most of the eyes are on me, it's what comes with money and power. Respect can be gained or bought in my world and my family is known for both.

This song '7 Rings' always reminds me of how powerful my background really is. The business world respects me, Joo Dantae only married me for my wealth, Baek Junki was my 'meant to be' groom since we were kids and Logan Lee was another wealthy businessman that was somehow connected to me through the world of business. It's ridiculous really, how money attracts people.

While cleaning the living room, feeling the boredom of this task surrounding me. I decided to have a little dance around, grabbing my favourite sunglasses from my closet. I got a bit of Baileys on ice and sipped slowly, while singing along to the song which I could be that spoiled kid to, once more.

Yeah, breakfast at Tiffany's and bottles of bubbles
Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble
Lashes and diamonds, ATM machines
Buy myself all of my favorite things (yeah)

Been through some bad shit, I should be a sad bitch
Who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage?
Rather be tied up with calls and not strings
Write my own checks like I write what I sing, yeah (yeah)

My wrist, stop watchin', my neck is flossy
Make big deposits, my gloss is poppin'
You like my hair? Gee, thanks, just bought it
I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it (yeah)

Spinning around, my sunglasses went flying. Jeez, I hope they didn't smash I wanted to wear them today. Running over to the hallway of the room, trying to collect myself. Reaching down to lift the sunglasses up, I noticed a pair of shoes right beside it. "Well well well, are you still feeling rich and expensive?" Yoonhee, omg did she see me? "Were you watching?" I ask taking my ear buds out, I realized the speakers were connected to the phone aswell as the buds. Omfg she heard me.

She probably finds me childish, oh no.
I face palmed myself, realizing she was giggling at me. " Why don't you continue?I was enjoying the song and the view" uhh I wanted to crawl back into my room and disappear, how embarrassing.

I just giggled nervously, " Here is a cloth, help me clean this room and then we can go get your stitches out" I threw her my cloth. Feeling her piercing eyes on me, I felt really nervous the past week. It's been a few weeks since the accident and today, is the day her stitches are being removed. I somehow feel weird, I feel uncertain. Uncertain that she might be ready to move back to her appartment, that she will be out of my sight and something might go wrong or happen to her again. I need to do something about the situation with JDT, we won't ever have a normal life unless he disappears.

-10 minutes of silence-

"So what are our plans for today Suryeon-shi?" What's with the sarcastic formal speech.
"What's your problem?" I arched a brow.
"Nothing your Royal Highness" Is she still taking the piss?
" That's better, pleb" I giggled at how comfortable we are around each other. Shooting her another one of my glares.
"Ne, Ma'am.."
"So... how are you feeling today?" Geniuenly concerned since she had a slight fever from her painkillers the other day.
" I'm alright I guess.." her voice sounded a bit lower than usual but I don't want to push her. I know she has a lot going on, I definitely don't want to add to it.
" You know I'm here to listen, whenever you're ready." I gave her my best smile and threw a cloth at her. Waiting for her to react but she didn't move, I felt a lump in my throat that was hard to swallow. Is she upset about the cloth? I need to check if she is ok.