Chapter 22 : The Truth ( Part 2)

Shim Suryeons Pov:

Watching her through the glass made my body tremble in fear. Fear of what prison done to her, and fear of what I'm about to hear.

Seeing her stab him and how much pleasure it gave the red haired latter, it brought a tear to my eye. Yoonhee-ah this isn't you, the gentle and full of love persona seemed to have fully disappeared. Even if it was only for show.

She put out her cigarette on his face like it's nothing, kicked his thigh and I could hear the screams of that rotten man. To say it wasn't giving me any pleasure to see him like this, would be a lie.
Looking right at her expression change as she got off the chair, she reached for the gun. My eyes widened at the sight, that Yoonhee wasn't my Yoonhee. She was being driven by 'hatred' . Watching her threaten him I realized, Yoonhee hasn't healed yet. She might never really heal, am I enough to help her through it?

"JUST FUCKING SAY IT ALREADY YOU ARSEHOLE!"
*click*
"I-I-i killed Min SEOLAH! I killed her, you tried to save her but I pulled you off her, I pushed her off while she was gripping to you her her life!"

It kept echoing in my head and I felt sick. I knew that Yoonhee didn't kill Seolah, so why do I feel so sick hearing the truth. I watched the woman pull him up and pull the trigger, squatting down to hide at the sound. I bit my lips from the nerves "D-d-did she kill him?"

Oh Yoonhee's Pov:

I watched the man infront of me pass out in pain. Pulling out my hand to inspect his pulse, uff it's still there.

Looking at the passed out JDT, I took a deep breath.

-memories-

"Oh Yoon hee! Did you really kill her?" I felt Kang Mari shake me. My mind went blank.
"I-i-i don't know." I stuttered.
"How can you not know, Yoonhee-shi?" Feeling my knees bend and give up on me, my legs brought me to the floor.
"Unnie...I don't know. I was so drunk I can't remember." I plead. Kang Mari was here to visit me before my trial.
" You need to say you are innocent, they can't do this. I know you didn't do it, you aren't that kind of mother. Please say you didn't do it at the trial." I couldn't help but feel helpless.
"Why are you here Kang Mari? Shouldn't you be scared of me?" Feeling my cheeks getting wet from my now uncontrollable cries.
" I don't believe a kind person like you could do it. Give me a call when you remember what really happened, that night."
"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked.
"Because you have shown my daughter the kindness that I should have shown you and Rona. I owe you an apology for ever doing you wrong."
"But unnie..." now looking away.
"No 'buts', listen I will only say this once. I don't believe....." I felt her grab my cuffed hands "...that these kind and genuine hands could kill a child." Feeling some comfort in her words, I felt like I had a true friend in her. My favourite unnie.

-memories-

Smiling at those sweet and sour memories, it was Kang Mari, who stopped me shooting him right down the gut. My hand changed direction last few seconds and shot his cheek.

Examining the wound, I felt satisfied. Looking at the clock, two hours and 43 minutes have passed. Did I feel satisfied with causing him pain? Absolutely, he deserved the worst kind of pain. Turning my attention back to the blacked out window, I took a deep breath. "Suryeon-ah, are you okay?" No response.

Making my way out of the room to the one on the other side. Knocking not to strettle the latter, looking around my eyes caught her figure scrunched up on the floor, with her knees close to her chest and her head down.