Chapter 13 : The Thoughts

This style are Yoonhee's thoughts.

Oh Yoonhee's Pov:

"Oh Yoon Hee! WAKE UP!!!" I can hear them, I can hear their voices.
"Her breathing it slowing down again!" I heard a stranger say to another stranger.
"Please Yoonhee-ah!!" Mari Unnie? Why are you begging me like this. Why can't I talk?

"Ms.Kang and Dr.Ha you both need to leave the room. We need to transfer her to OR or she won't survive another hour, time is ticking and her vitals aren't stable." Who are they talking about and where is everyone?

"We are suspecting 'pneumothorax', it's when the middle part of your ribcage pierces through the lung under impact and causes it to slowly collapse. Dr. Ha can you explain fully ,we need to take her to surgery now, excuse us." I felt the bed move and my body ache a little. What is going on...I couldn't  open my eyes and neither could I move.

"Her breathing is almost lost, if we dont hurry we will lose her!"W-w-what is happening to me, I'm scared. Rona I'm sorry. Omma has to go first even if she doesn't want to..Suryeon-ah I love you...*beeeeeeeep*....

Shim Suryeon's Pov:

Looking at Morina laughing across the table. Watching  her honest expressions, she is a good woman. I smiled at her and thought it be nice to see her again in the future.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

Noise coming from my purse diverted my attention from the latter. I felt my heart jump from my chest to my throat as if something felt off.

I slowly  got up and walked to get the phone, why do I have a strange feeling about this?

"Suryeon are you alright? " I didn't realise I have been spacing out. Looking down at the phone I saw Kang Mari's phone number come up, she wouldn't call me unless it was important. I felt my heart skip faster, Oh Yoon Hee. Something must have happened, I brought the phone to my ear and waited for the other side to speak.

" Suryeon-shi? This is your number right? I wasn't  sure because it's  been so long..."

"What is it Ms.Kang?" I interrupted  impatiently, I felt my face sweat.
" It's Oh Yoonhee...she was in an accident"
I felt my body drop to my knees, I felt sick and thought i heard her wrong.
" What do you mean Ms.Kang..." I managed to ask.

" She's been in a car accident, she is currently in the OR and is in critical condition. She has 3 broken ribs and pneumothorax, she has been unconscious since the crash. We are at the Seoul University  Hospital, if you want to see her."
I felt all the last bits of air leave my lungs and I held my breath.

I stayed on the floor until I felt a hand on my shoulder "Suryeon what's wrong? What happened!?" She had to shout to snap me out of the shock I was experiencing, my eyes naturally filled with water. " Oh Yoonhee *snif* was in a car accident..*snif*"

"Oh Yoonhee? Is that the red haired woman?" She asked with concern and I could only nod. I didn't  know what I should do right now, our morning encounter left a rather sour taste to our relationship.
"How bad is her condition?" I was too shaken to repeat the details.
" I am guessing critical....Suryeon you need to go, you need to be there when she wakes up. Put it behind you what happened and be there for her along as she needs you." I was too shaken to care about the minor details anyway. "Will you drive me?" I saw her smile at me, "That's right, you need to be there for her. You are a strong woman afterall, let's go!" She gave me her hand and pulled me up off he floor.

She is right I need to stay strong, afterall if I can't  fail her like this. I need to be there and strong like the Shim Suryeon I have always been.