Chapter 5 : The Lift

Yoonhee's Pov:

Sitting out on the balcony with a cup of my favourite coffee, looking at the sun rising. Taking in the fresh air and the scent of the coffee..."Yet another day" I sigh to myself.

I decided to get some music on. Playing Loco- Can't Sleep was a routine these days. What have I planned for today? Nothing, I felt like staying at home but maybe some exercise would do me some good? Yeah, let's  do that.

Lately my thoughts always sway towards the elegant brunette who I sort of 'rejected'...
Deciding to be friends was hard for me too, after all me and her have never been friends...she was right with that statement.  After the other night my heart felt sort of lighter, before It hurt to think of 'us' and  it felt like something might have changed now. Was it because I let her into  my life a little more?

It took me back to the memories before that one Hera Ball with Rona.

- memories-

"Eomma~ You look beautiful.." Rona said with her young glistening  eyes.
"Thank you, my beautiful daughter " giving her a squeeze on the cheeks. Looking at her, Rona was now an 18 year old who was almost finished with school.
"Eomma, do you have a date for the ball?"
"Rona-ya you know eomma only has you as my date. Right?"I smiled at the latter brightly, I wander what she was getting at.
" But you have Suryeon unnie, aren't  you and her an item?"  My eyes widening at that... " Rona...what do you mean...me and Suryeon?..." I tried to protest...I cant believe even Rona noticed.
"Eomma, I am not 13 anymore and the world has moved on. Don't  be afraid, I support you fully, just ask her.." I just nodded my head. My beloved daughter saw right through me.
*knock knock* Giving me those cheeky eyes of hers... she opened the doors.
" Rona-shi you look amazing!I bet, you will be turning heads tonight haha " I looked at the two exchange the playfull conversation.
Looking at Suryeon up and down. "Eomma, your date is here!!" I screamed inside, how did I rise such a lose mouth of a child.
"Yah! Rona!..." I got up and avoided any eye contact. " Hello unnie, should we get going?"  Still too embarrassed  to look into Suryeons eyes...." Yes we should get going.."I heard her say before she took my hand in hers. Taking me by surprise, our hands fitted perfectly.....looking up to meet her eyes...she too looked embarrassed before we took off towards the lift..

With that I stopped day dreaming. My memories of Rona put me into a good place, she always knew i loved Suryeon back then. Smiling to myself "alright let's go to Han River". Getting ready took me atleast an hour, I wasn't  in a rush. I loved walking around the Hera Palace this early in the morning, it was quiet and people staff was busy  preparing for another day of pampering of the rich.  Taking the lift down, my car looked a bit dirty, maybe I should wash it. Getting into the car I saw that the Penthouse lift was nearing the same floor.  Watching out carefully  for the brunette.. my heart started beating faster....I saw her leave straight for her car, she looked tired and her eyes looked lost. It's  been two weeks, should I say hi?

My heart stung. 'Let's be friends..' replayed in my head all of a sudden. It's  as if my heart ached from the decisions my brain made. I watched Suryeon, she was wearing all white running outfit. She always loved exercising and staying healthy. The woman took care of herself well, she looked like a goddess. 

Watching her open the car door before getting in. She looked my direction and our eyes met...I felt her gaze deepen before she broke it off and in that's when I saw hurt. Was she hurt? Was it because of the 'friends' thing? She hadn't  made any contact with me in the past 2 weeks. I sighted once more before seeing her drive off in her car.

I decided to drive to my favourite spot on the han river to work out. While my drive was short, it felt longer than usual with the thoughts of Suryeon lingering around my head. My hear ached once more, why is it like this. I'm okay with being just friends, I do love her but....I'm still too scared to fully let her in. Friends, we will both have to adjust to it, I guess.