Chapter Nineteen 🤍

I flopped onto the couch, exhausted after a long day at school. My mind was still spinning, questioning what had happened with that guy in the classroom.

I touched my lips, trying to replay the scene in my head...his soft, warm hands against my lips. So many questions raced through my mind.

I let out a loud sigh and kicked my legs in the air, feeling frustrated.

Nate's big old head appeared above me, looking down as he asked, "What are you thinking about?" He was on the floor, putting together a dinosaur puzzle.

Alex was sitting on the other sofa, slouching down with his legs dangling, munching on his Doritos. "Dick," he said with a mouthful of chips.

Nate slid back down to the floor, still focused on piecing his puzzle together. I rolled my eyes.

"I want some dick," Mya said, lying on the floor exhausted, staring at the ceiling. She can have some of Elliot's if they confess to each other that they like each other.

Elliot walks into the living room and flopped on top of me, accidentally hitting my stomach. "I'm bored!" he cried out. "Ow, Elliot!" I pushed him off, causing him to fall onto Nate and messing up his puzzle. "Elliot, what the fuck! Move," Nate yells, kicking him. Elliot rolled down next to Mya.

They looked at each other, and Mya moved closer to him.

Suddenly, Alex leaped off the couch, crumbs tumbling from his chest, as he waved his little finger in the air. "I've got an idea," he announced.

Everyone turned their heads toward Alex, waiting for his response. "Enlighten me, Sir Alexander," Maya spoke in a deep, funny British accent, Elliot and Nate laughs.

"Why don't we... get Samantha?" Alex's eyes sparkled with excitement. The living room went silent for a moment before someone spoke up.

"Didn't you learn your lesson from the other day?" Nate reminded him of what had happened.

"Weren't you about to cry?" Elliot teased him, looking at him from the floor with a slight smile. Mya punched his arm, trying not to smile.

"Nu uh," Alex shook his head, waving his yellow-reddish Dorito-covered finger in the air while his other hand rested on his waist, dismissing what he was hearing. Mya and I laughed, while Nate sighed.

"Come on," he stomped his feet, acting like he was having a tantrum, so dramatic.

"Look, look, look, we're already prepared," he tried to convince us.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"Money, brains, speed, and hotness." He list each off with his fingers.

"He literally said 'hotness'," I said, covering my face with my hand. Nathan shook his head, still piecing his puzzle together.

"Plus, Zane's not here," Alex said proudly, expecting us to cheer at his amazing speech.

Elliot rubbed his eyes and then shot up, sitting with his hands up. "Let's do it!" he yells, catching everyone off guard.