Chapter 2

Just so you all know, everything in this chapter will be happening at the same time as the events of the first chapter.

A young girl looked out the window of her luxurious mansion.  She enjoyed looking over the city, but her heart broke for everyone that was struggling.  She knew that there were plenty of people out there who needed help, but the emperor and empress won't do anything to help them.  She supposes she should be lucky to be in such a wealthy family, but it doesn't feel right.  She doesn't understand why the rest of her family doesn't seem to care about the people who are suffering.

"Nya!"  She turned her head to her bedroom door where her brother was standing.

"What is it, Kai?" Nya asked.

"Mom and Dad wanted me to tell you that Zane and his father will be here in about five minutes."

"Ok.  Just give me two minutes."

"Are you just going to be looking out the window for the whole two minutes?  What do you even look at?"

"I just like looking at the city," she defended.

"Still trying to come up with some way to help the people who don't have much?"

"Well, no one else seems to care about them!"

"Because we have everything.  You know it's better to be on the emperor and empress's good side.  There are a lot of people down there who hate them like those people who have been vandalizing murals."  The two siblings started hearing sirens and looked out to see police chasing someone.  "Those people are lowlives and might try to kill the emperor and empress like the resistance did with Lord Garmadon."

"But they might also be feeling that way because they're suffering so much.  And how do you trust the emperor and empress so much?"

"They've helped our family a lot once they took over.  I think they're good people.  Just misjudged."  Kai turned around to start walking downstairs.  "Make sure to come down before they get here or else Mom and Dad are going to be mad."  He then proceeded to leave.

Nya turned back towards the window.  She didn't believe everything that Kai was saying.  He's been saying that stuff to her for years.

Kai is currently 16 and Nya is 14.  They both have different views on everything going on in Ninjago.  Kai has always listened to their parents about what they say about the emperor and empress while Nya has always had her own opinions.  She's always paid more attention to the way her family was treated compared to the families in Ninjago City and has never thought it was right.  Unfortunately, her parents always make her act "proper" around the emperor and empress.

Nya sighed as she got up and left her room.  As much as she hated the way she was expected to act, she also didn't want to anger her parents.

When she got downstairs, her parents and her brother were ready to greet their guests.  She stood by Kai when the doorbell rang.  Their father opened the door and let Dr. Julian and his son, Zane, into the house.

"Nice to see you again," their father, Ray, said and shook Dr. Julian's hand.

"You too," Dr. Julian said and looked to Kai and Nya's mother.  "Pleasure as always, Maya."

"Our door is always open if you want to drop by," Maya said.

Dr. Julian is the royal inventor to the emperor and empress.  When Lord Garmadon was in control, he had a different royal inventor, but no one knows what happened to him once the emperor and empress took over.  His son, Zane, is a 16 year old robot he created because he never had a child himself.  When Dr. Julian became friends with Ray and Maya, Zane became friends with Kai and Nya as a result.

Zane went off to talk with the siblings while the adults were talking.  "Are you both excited for the party tomorrow?" Zane asked.

"You know I am," Kai said.  "There's probably going to be a ton of hot chicks there."

"That's all you care about, Kai," Nya called him out.

"Well, when you have hair this good, you're irresistible."

Nom

A 16 year old girl was working in her dad's little noodle shop.  Her dad had a much bigger shop when she was too young to remember, but after the emperor and empress took over, he lost that shop and they moved to Nom.  It's a pretty quiet little town.  The emperor and empress don't go there much, so they can stay pretty under the radar.  She works and lives with her dad in the noodle shop, but also helps to hide a couple of people who worked for Lord Garmadon previously and their daughters.

"I have news, Skylor," her father, Chen, said.  "You and your friends are going to be working at the emperor and empress's party tomorrow night!"

"What?  Why?"

"Because they need a caterer for tomorrow night.  They heard about the noodle shop.  They would recognize me since I owned a big shop in Ninjago City, so I want you to do it with your friends.  You are an amazing chef too."

"But I'm not as good as you."

"Well, you're right, but you will do a great job!"

"Ok.  If you're sure."  They walked to the back where her friends were with their fathers.

One of her friends was PIXAL.  She is a 16 year old robot that was created by Cyrus Borg who PIXAL considers her father.  Cyrus Borg was once the royal inventor for Lord Garmadon, but once the emperor and empress took over, they wanted anyone who had previously worked for Lord Garmadon dead.  He had to run with, at the time, his two year old robot daughter.  They fled to Nom with John and his daughter.

John used to be a royal advisor to Lord Garmadon and the only one that the tyrant didn't kill.  No, the tyrant was actually fond of John.  When the emperor and empress took over, he had to flee with his daughter, Seliel, who happened to just be a baby at the time.  She is currently 14.  Cyrus and John were the only two people to have survived who used to work for Lord Garmadon.

For the first year of them living in Nom, they hardly went out anywhere.  They had to stay low out of fear that one of the other citizens might tell the emperor and empress where they were.  After the first year, Chen knocked on the door with his 3 year old daughter.  They had just lost their business and needed help.  Cyrus and John let them in and they decided that a noodle shop would be a good cover, so Chen opened his new noodle shop in Nom.  Skylor became friends quickly with PIXAL and Seliel and the three girls have been close ever since.

"The girls will be working at the emperor and empress's party tomorrow night!" Chen announced.

"What?!" John asked.

"It'll be a great opportunity for them!"

"It could also be a great opportunity for us to get caught!"

"John, let's hear him out first," Cyrus reasoned.

"I was thinking that we would be too easy for them to recognize, but they wouldn't recognize the girls if they went alone," Chen explained.  "Skylor is an excellent chef and is capable of catering the party without me.  PIXAL and Seliel can go with her to serve the food.  No one will know it's them."

"That seems reasonable," Cyrus said.

"I guess so," John agreed.  "But you girls can't let anyone at the party know who you are.  Got it?"

The girls nodded.

"Alright."

The girls were both excited and nervous.  This was the first time their fathers were letting them do something on their own which definitely excited them, but they were nervous about making sure no one found out who they were.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!  Next chapter will be out next Wednesday!