Chapter 8

Nya had been helping Jay, Lloyd, and Cole in secret for the past month.  Her family still doesn't know, but she doesn't care.  Whenever she sneaks out to go meet with them, she tells her parents that she's going to meet up with some of her other friends which isn't really a lie since those three boys had become her friends, but her parents think she's talking about her wealthy friends.  On her way to meet up with them, she normally stops to get some food to bring and they always appreciate it.

However, today was snowing and Nya decided to bring them a special surprise.

She walked over to where the boys lived carrying a duffel bag.  She was wearing a heavy red jacket, red pants, red boots, a blue beanie, a blue scarf, and blue mittens.  When she got to the warehouse, she went up the stairs to where the boys were.  They were still in their ratty old clothes which she did expect.  "Hey," she said.

"Hi Nya," Jay said.  "We weren't sure if you were going to come today because of the snow."

"I still wanted to come over.  So, do you guys want to go have some fun outside?  Snow days are always a lot of fun."

"In case you haven't noticed, we don't really have appropriate clothes for the snow," Cole said.

"We normally get some extra food before a snow day and then stay in here until the snow is gone," Lloyd added.

"Are you sure you don't want to have some fun in the snow?" Nya asked and the boys looked at her confused.  "Oh well.  I guess I'll have to find another use for these."  She pulled out three snow outfits: one in blue, one in green, and one in black.

They boys were surprised.  They never knew someone who was so considerate towards them.  "SNOW DAY!!!" Lloyd and Cole yelled and they grabbed the green and black outfits respectively and went to go get changed.

"Thank you," Jay said to Nya.  "No one has ever done anything like this for us before."

"It was no problem," Nya said and grabbed the blue snow outfit.  "Now, you need to go change and I'll show you how fun a snow day can be."  Jay smiled and took the outfit from Nya and went to go change.

When the boys were done getting changed, they all went outside.  It wasn't snowing at the moment, but there was still a lot of snow on the ground.  They started by trying to build a snowman.  Nya was telling them how to do it, but they had some trouble at first, mainly Cole accidently destroying it a few times.  Eventually, they finished their snowman and used a few other things that Nya brought to decorate it.

As the boys were admiring the snowman they made, Nya made a snowball and threw it at Jay.  Jay quickly turned around.  Lloyd and Cole also turned around to see what happened.  They saw Nya holding another snowball.  "Snowball fight!" she yelled.

"You're on!" Jay said as he made a snowball and threw it at Nya.  Lloyd and Cole also joined in and the four of them started a big snowball fight.

Kai and Zane were walking down the streets of Ninjago City as they were coming back from Nom.  For the past month, they had been helping Skylor, PIXAL, and Seliel get as many jobs in the palace as possible.  They've also been making sure the people who have been eating the food at the parties know who made it.  They wanted to help them out.  It also helps that Kai likes Skylor and Zane likes PIXAL.  There is another party tomorrow night and Kai and Zane went over to Nom to talk to Skylor, PIXAL, and Seliel about the party and have lunch with them.  It sort of became a tradition now that they go to Nom the day before.

As they were walking, Kai saw Nya with three boys that he had never seen before.  He grabbed Zane and pulled him behind a building where he could still see Nya when he glanced around the side of the building.

"What is going on?" Zane asked.

"Nya is over there," Kai responded.

"I do not see what is wrong with that.  Why do we not just go over and say hello?"

"The problem is that it looked like she lied to our parents where she was going.  She said that she was going to hang out with her friends, but I have never seen the three boys that she's with before."

Zane glanced around the side of the building and saw Nya with three boys like Kai just mentioned.  Kai joined Zane in looking.

They saw the Nya and the three boys having a snowball fight.  During the snowball fight, the boy who was wearing blue picked Nya up from behind and spun her around while she was screaming and squirming and trying to get the boy to put her down.  "Jay!  Put me down!" they heard Nya yell with a big smile on her face.

"She looks like she is having fun," Zane said.

"But who are those people she's with?" Kai asked.

"I do not know.  Should we tell your parents what Nya is doing?"

"Not yet.  I want to see if I can get to the bottom of this before telling them."

Jay put Nya down after a couple of minutes.  After she got put down, she turned around to face Jay.  They both just stood there for a minute and looked at each other.  They started leaning closer until they were both hit by snowballs that were thrown by Lloyd and Cole.  Jay and Nya looked at Lloyd and Cole as those two laughed.  Jay looked at Nya who had an evil smile on her face and they grabbed more snowballs as Lloyd and Cole were trying to catch their breath from laughing.  Jay and Nya threw their snowballs at them and quickly went to grab more as Lloyd and Cole started to run and Jay and Nya chased them.  Eventually, Jay and Nya caught them and hit them with more snowballs which caused Lloyd and Cole to surrender.

After a while, Nya had to leave and Jay, Lloyd, and Cole went back into the warehouse.  Nya told them that the snow outfits were theirs and they could keep them.  Playing in the snow was the most fun Jay, Lloyd, and Cole had in a while and they wouldn't forget that.

A/N: I've had the idea for this part since writing the story as it will lead to some other events later.  I hope you enjoyed!