Part 8 :

4 week later

Dayvon Bennet🦅
Atlanta Georgia📍
August 27,2019

Today we was going to court so I can get full blown custody of my child

Today we was going to court so I can get full blown custody of my child. We had celebrated my birthday at a hall I had fun but it was hard cause I was thinking about summer the whole time.  "Bae you almost ready" Ari said yelling from downstairs.

"Yeah here I come" I said. I was in a bad mood, I still couldn't get over the fact that Caresha would do that to my daughter and the maid told me she would scream "Da-Da" every time Caresha did it. Shit made me cringe inside.

Durk and India was keeping Summer for us, until we came back from court.

"You like nice baby" I kissed her.

"It's okay, we gonna be okay put a smile on your face" I did as she told me just to see if my energy would change .

It took us so long to find the right layers cause I was being picky.

__________

We had arrived to the court. We sat down until the judge came out. Caresha still was not here yet. We had took some pictures of summers back to give to the judge.

5 minutes...

Caresha came. She walked in with makeup on and a tight dress. Why the fuck she couldn't dress like she respected herself for once .

"Fuck you to, y'all going down" Caresha said as she smirked at us .

I peeped Ari roll her eyes at her but I just ignored the hoe.
_______

"Please rise. The court of the second Judicial Circuit, Criminal division, is now in session , the honorable judge Clarke Presiding" said the officer standing in the Conor of the court.

We stood and waited for the judge to give us the okay to sit back down.

Everyone but the jury may be seated. "Ms.Brownlee and Mr. Bennett and Officer Jerry, please swear in the jury" the judge said.

"Please raise your right hand. Do you solemnly swear or affirm that you will truly listen to this case and render a true verdict and a fair sentence as to this defendant?" The Ballif (officer) asked us.

"I do" me and caresha said at the same time.

"Members of the jury, your duty today will determine whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty based on only facts and evidence Providence in this case. The prosecution has the burden of proving the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This burden remains on the prosecution through the trial. The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and the defendant is the person who committed the crime. However, if you are not satisfied of the defendant guilt to that extent, then reasonable doubt exist and the defendant must not be found guilty" the judge said.