Chapter 28 Miraculous Switch (2)

Marinette's view

I rush off to school hoping to see Alya beforehand.

I was so relieved to see her waiting for me out the front.

"Hey girl!" Alya greeted me with a massive smile "Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks Alya!" I smile back and give her a hug "Can we go chat?" Indicating that I wanted to talk with her privately before Nino and Adrien arrived.

"Sure! So what's the news with your, you know..."

"That's what I want to talk about" I say and burst into tears.

"Surely its not that bad," Alya comforted "Unless your soul-mate is Chloe."

"Well," I say reducing my crying down to a smiling sniffle "You're right! It's not that bad. Thanks Alya!"

"Welcome girl" Alya smiled "Now, show me what has you all in a tizzy!"

So I show her.

"Wow girl, that looks like Sunshine boys timetable!" Alya commented before adding "I don't get your soul-mate saying though. I'll look into it. Its weird, I have never heard of this happening, some name is always present."

"Thanks Alya" I smile gratefully, knowing that she would get to the bottom of this weird situation.

"Oh Marinette!" Alya exclaimed as she dug through her bag pulling out a wrapped present "Happy Birthday! I hope that you like it!" She smiled anxiously.

I take the gift, smiling my thanks and open it. I squeal in excitement "Thanks Alya! I really wanted that material! Thank you so much!" Holding it up to my face with a goofy grin.

Nino and Adrien arrive then

"Happy Birthday Marinette!" They chorus.

"Thanks Guys" I smile, watching the guys dig through their bags, pulling out their own presents for me.

"Here, I hope you like it Marinette!" Adrien says with a nervous smile, giving me his present first as Nino was still struggling trying to get his out of his bag, pausing to watch me open Adrien's gift.

I open it up to a beautiful wide linked gold bracelet with the words "best friends" written on it. The words were written in white gold and had small diamantes all through it. The bracelet was beautiful. I knew that Adrien cared for me, but not this much, and certainly not as much as I would have liked.

"It's beautiful! Thank you Adrien"

"Do you like it?" He asked looking very worried.

"I love it!" I assure him with a smile "Would you please put it on me?" As I would not have been able to put it on myself.

"Sure!" Adrien said smiling with relief.

He stepped forward and put it on. When he finished, our eyes locked and I forgot to breath. The next thing I knew was Adrien had taken a hold of both of my hands and kissed me, clipping the corner of my mouth "Happy Birthday Marinette" he whispered again our eyes locking again.

"Ok that's enough love birds!" Alya interjects.

We both look at her and say "We aren't lovebirds" at the same time, earning us combined laughter from Nino and Alya.

Nino said "keep telling yourselves that then dudes" and indicated to us how close we were standing and that Adrien was still holding my hands.

We both squealed and jumped back, earning further laughter from Alya and Nino.